NBC Sports Edge Forums

Looks like Dice-BB is back

billthomason

This is just behind pathetic how badly DiceK is getting squeezed. 8 pitches this inning so far have been called balls that according to gameday were strikes. The saddest part is is that there are 0 outs.

Yes, he tends to walk some guys. I still have confidence in him. This doesnt change my opinion on him.

I'm getting a bit sick of him myself. It's a little inexcusable to walk 6 guys in five innings on the worst offensive team in the league. Took him 109 pitches to get through five innings and lose the game.

Wow. 1 hit, 6 BB... Ugly. I had such high hopes for him this year. I knew I shoulda taken Lackey! LOL. (yeah I know, never take the unproven guy for the proven stud).

Yea. 11 wins, 3rd in the AL in K's, and a 3.9 era in the al. He sucks.

Yeah probably can. They can just start calling every pitch a ball.

That's pretty much how it's been. Have a look on mlb gameday yourself, half of the called balled in this game were strikes. First inning cost him about 15 pitches and a ER. Konerko's 7th pitch of the at bat 2-2 count was perfectly on the corner even Kornerko thought it was strike 3. Instead he walks and next batter singles in a run.

He'd have 10K's atleast with 0ER if this ump wasn't ridiculously squeezing him.

I'm getting a bit sick of him myself. It's a little inexcusable to walk 6 guys in five innings on the worst offensive team in the league. Took him 109 pitches to get through five innings and lose the game.

You know its bad when you give up 3 Runs when the team only has 2 hits.

That's pretty much how it's been. Have a look on mlb gameday yourself, half of the called balled in this game were strikes. First inning cost him about 15 pitches and a ER. Konerko's 7th pitch of the at bat 2-2 count was perfectly on the corner even Kornerko thought it was strike 3. Instead he walks and next batter singles in a run.

He'd have 10K's atleast with 0ER if this ump wasn't ridiculously squeezing him.

Too tired to check; I will just take your word. Now I am gonna get off and piss and moan because Bonderman and Dice-K couldnt give me the 18 IP, 54 K, and 2 W I wanted B).

Umpire is horrible. More than half of the called balls against DiceK were really strikes according to gameday, which is dead on accurate.

Why does this seem to be a recurring problem with him? This happened last game too.

Pisses me off. You should be able to count on a good game against the White Sox. Between Baker, Escobar, and now this, my WHIP just got ruined. Should have been an amazing day if not for each players last inning. Crazy if you think about it. My team has given up 31 hits and walks between the three starters with 6 runs. 11 of those hits and walks and 4 of those runs came off the last innings the three pitched (a combined three outs beteween all three of them). That really bums me out. Ruined my day. If they all would have just stayed in the dugout.

Too tired to check; I will just take your word. Now I am gonna get off and piss and moan because Bonderman and Dice-K couldnt give me the 18 IP, 54 K, and 2 W I wanted B) .

Yea man. That sucks

This is just behind pathetic how badly DiceK is getting squeezed. 8 pitches this inning so far have been called balls that according to gameday were strikes. The saddest part is is that there are 0 outs.

Holy... Iguchi's was pretty close

Konerko's were all strikes on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

man, how much does HP Umpire get paid by White Sox

By the way, to add to how ridiculous this is, its worth noting the White Sox only have two batters batting over 270. And one of them is Rob Mackowiak for god sake. You know you're team is doing pretty rough when he's almost leading the team batting average.

Dice K had two really bad innings. Otherwise he looked pretty good. Also, they said at the outset, I think, that he skipped his throwing in between starts, so I wonder if he's wearing down. he looked tired in his last inning -- he just lost it completely and couldn't throw a strike.

Although it would be nice to blame this on the umpire, it is worth noting that Matsuzaka is consistently terrible at getting guys out in the clutch situations. As far as I have been able to observe this season, most of his runs come in single innings. Honestly, it shouldn't be that difficult for a pitcher of his quality to induce a ground out or even any out four batters in a row.

Don't worry about these guys Javy.......you keep slinging it bro. Let's show these Sox how it's done in the 2nd half. B)

As if..........hahahaha.

No offense boys, but I need Javy and a W in a bad kinda way.......with a few more Ks too if it's not asking too much.

Don't blame the ump. Dice-K should have made adjustments. The outside strike is not called anymore.

We're not just talking about the outside CORNER LEGIT IN THE STRIKEZONE calls, right down the middle called a ball.

Archived