NBC Sports Edge Forums

Yahoo max moves limit

RaseOne

In Yahoo, if you have a weekly max move limit, of say 3, do u only have 3 moves for the entire 1.5 wks of championship, or are u given another 3 moves next Monday?

Sorry if previously posted

thx!

3 moves for the whole last 1.5wks.. only counts as 1 week technically

I don't think that is true. You get extra moves for the extra days.

I think you may even get a whole new week next week, but I have no idea how to confirm this.

Hmmmm

I don't think that is true. You get extra moves for the extra days.

I think you may even get a whole new week next week, but I have no idea how to confirm this.

Hmmmm

Unless they've changed it this year, the moves limit definitely applies to the entire 10 day week, as it is considered one fantasy week.

I was burned by this two years ago blowing all my moves thinking they would refresh on the Sunday of the long championship week and I was stuck with no transactions available for the final 3 days of championship week.

Unless they've changed it this year, the moves limit definitely applies to the entire 10 day week, as it is considered one fantasy week.

I was burned by this two years ago blowing all my moves thinking they would refresh on the Sunday of the long championship week and I was stuck with no transactions available for the final 3 days of championship week.

Was this in Yahoo?

Because I could have sworn that in Yahoo leagues if you use up your weekly transaction limit this week then it gets restored next week in the short week.

We need to find out the answer to this because I'm planning my whole gameplan around this in 2 leagues. We have a weekly transaction limit of 2 per week that gets restored every Monday. So I am planning on having 4 moves, not 2, for the 10 day championship match.

Does anyone know for sure how Yahoo does it?

Was this in Yahoo?

Because I could have sworn that in Yahoo leagues if you use up your weekly transaction limit this week then it gets restored next week in the short week.

We need to find out the answer to this because I'm planning my whole gameplan around this in 2 leagues. We have a weekly transaction limit of 2 per week that gets restored every Monday. So I am planning on having 4 moves, not 2, for the 10 day championship match.

Does anyone know for sure how Yahoo does it?

Yes, it was a Yahoo! H2H league. And I did the same thing a couple of years ago, planning my whole gameplan around getting my weekly moves restored on Monday only to discover that they didn't get restored because on Yahoo it is all considered the same "week" - in this year's case Week 24 which runs Apr 5 - Apr 14.

Yes, it was a Yahoo! H2H league. And I did the same thing a couple of years ago, planning my whole gameplan around getting my weekly moves restored on Monday only to discover that they didn't get restored because on Yahoo it is all considered the same "week" - in this year's case Week 24 which runs Apr 5 - Apr 14.

I wonder in the commish has the power to add a few because of the long week.

I wonder in the commish has the power to add a few because of the long week.

Of course he/she does. He/she can just change the weekly max from 3 to 6.

Yes, the commissioner is able to adjust the maximum number of transactions per week. But I see that being a risky thing to institute at this point in the season - generally I think rule changes should never be done in season.

Yes, the commissioner is able to adjust the maximum number of transactions per week. But I see that being a risky thing to institute at this point in the season - generally I think rule changes should never be done in season.

If everyone in the playoffs is cool with it then I don't see an issue.

Reply from Yahoo:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Fantasy Sports.

I apologize for any confusion with regard to transaction limits during a

two-week championship matchup.

If you are involved in the two-week championship series in a

Head-to-Head league, please consider the following:

* If your league allows weekly roster moves and lineup changes, teams

WILL be allowed to change lineups after one week of the series. So,

teams may change their lineups at the midway point of the championship

matchup.

* There are no changes to your weekly transaction limit during the

two-week final. So, if your league features a 3 transaction limit

managers will only be able to make 3 players adds during championship

week.

* Stats are cumulative for the two-weeks of the matchup. Stats and

scoring are not reset after one week of the matchup has been completed.

We value your interest in Yahoo! Fantasy Sports. If you have further

comments or questions, please feel free to reply to this email and we

will gladly assist you.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Fantasy Sports.

Regards,

Johnny

Yahoo! Fantasy Sports Customer Care

Sports Fantasy Basketball

Archived