NBC Sports Edge Forums

Yahoo FBB Setup Questions

ssmarsh

At my draft this year one of the owners mentioned that this season Yahoo added the ability to handle auction leagues (contracts, salaries, etc.) and since it's free we might want to look into using it next year.

Since I've never used them I went to create a test league to see if they could handle our league set-up and I came away with the following questions:

1. It didn't appear that Yahoo could handle retroactive stats when you set up the league (I did it last night and the earliest date it gave me to start the league standings was today). Is that true? We always draft after the season starts so being able to have the stats calculated back to the start of the season is a big deal for us.

2. We don't use the standard 5x5 categories and I didn't see anywhere we could enter customized stat categories. They did have a list of stat categories to choose from, but the ones we use weren't listed. Is that available on Yahoo?

Any assistance from Yahoo users is appreciated!

At my draft this year one of the owners mentioned that this season Yahoo added the ability to handle auction leagues (contracts, salaries, etc.) and since it's free we might want to look into using it next year.

Since I've never used them I went to create a test league to see if they could handle our league set-up and I came away with the following questions:

1. It didn't appear that Yahoo could handle retroactive stats when you set up the league (I did it last night and the earliest date it gave me to start the league standings was today). Is that true? We always draft after the season starts so being able to have the stats calculated back to the start of the season is a big deal for us.

^I honestly don't know if they do or not -- email customer service, they *will* get back to you within 24 hours.

2. We don't use the standard 5x5 categories and I didn't see anywhere we could enter customized stat categories. They did have a list of stat categories to choose from, but the ones we use weren't listed. Is that available on Yahoo?

^IMO the list of categories Yahoo offers is pretty extensive -- I have a customized 8x8 league with stuff like OPS, TB and K/BB for example.. but no, you can't type in your own custom categories.

Overall, I wholeheartedly recommend Yahoo's fantasy sports offerings. They're not perfect, but they offer enough to be my definitive favorite. I've done 31 leagues there over the past 5 years, and they keep getting better..

Thanks for the reply!

IMO the list of categories Yahoo offers is pretty extensive -- I have a customized 8x8 league with stuff like OPS, TB and K/BB for example.. but no, you can't type in your own custom categories.

That's too bad. Some of our categories are custom like that.

Archived