NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Correia Regular Season 2010

Spina

WTF...had a no-hitter to start the inning to not getting thru the inning....5.2 and no QS yet again!!

that is 3 5.2 inning outings but yet he is going to be 3-1 w/ 3.13 ERA

I'm feeling really good about drafting this guy as my 9th starter LOL. We use really shallow benches and he kept sliding because we use k/9 as a cat. Even though I didn't need another SP I couldn't let him go any further.

WTF...had a no-hitter to start the inning to not getting thru the inning....5.2 and no QS yet again!!

that is 3 5.2 inning outings but yet he is going to be 3-1 w/ 3.13 ERA

I'm glad I'm not the only one frustrated by this. My stupid commissioner installed the QS stat year (and reduced the value of wins). It's such a dumb stat, and KC, though very good has been the King of 5.2. URGGGHH

• 3 weeks later...
I'm glad I'm not the only one frustrated by this. My stupid commissioner installed the QS stat year (and reduced the value of wins). It's such a dumb stat, and KC, though very good has been the King of 5.2. URGGGHH

QS is a FAR FAR better stat than W. QS isn't perfect, but W is borderline random.

Any updates as to why he's been scratched today?

Correia left the team Saturday due to a death in the family. He's not expected to be placed on the bereavement list, so he should make a start early next week.

• 3 weeks later...

So this guy's been pretty inconsistent his past couple starts. However, he is at home tonight against a struggling Cardinals offense. His FIP (3.99) and xFIP (3.67) are lower than his current ERA (4.57) so it seems like he's been getting a bit unlucky, probably due to his lowish strand rate of 68.6% and his high HR/FB% of 13.5. I'm probably gonna start him. Thoughts?

He's always a good bet at PETCO, but I benched him....I'm a Cardinal fan, so maybe you should take my thougths with a grain of salt.

I'm starting him and Garcia. Hopefully it's a low scoring game with one of them getting the W. It'll probably be my luck that it'll end up tied at 7 in the 3rd inning...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone care to speculate on why he's been bad since his solid April? His FIP (4.26) and xFIP (3.97) are still significantly below his actual ERA of 5.03, which would tend to suggest he's been a bit unlucky so far. His velocity isn't down, although he is struggling with his control right now and throwing his slider (which is his best pitch) less. Other thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived