NBC Sports Edge Forums

AJ Burnett 2010 Regular Season

Spina

Had to give a shout out to my boy AJ.

TONIGHT: 8.0 IP 0.00 ER/0.50 WHIP 4Ks.....only ONE WALK! Crazy

That makes:

3-0 w/2.43 ERA....all w/ him rating his +curveball a D- so far this year

(surprised he didn't have a thread so I made one)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had to give a shout out to my boy AJ.

TONIGHT: 8.0 IP 0.00 ER/0.50 WHIP 4Ks.....only ONE WALK! Crazy

That makes:

3-0 w/2.43 ERA....all w/ him rating his +curveball a D- so far this year

(surprised he didn't have a thread so I made one)

i took a chance on this guy in my draft and i am glad it paid off wondering if i should sell high or ride the wave

• 2 weeks later...
He'll get shellacked every now and then, but when this guy is on he's nearly unhittable. The issue is that there are very little "in between" games.

prime example of this last week vs the sox... who's starting him today against the twins? im scared he's gonna blow up my ratios... B)

prime example of this last week vs the sox... who's starting him today against the twins? im scared he's gonna blow up my ratios... B)

The scary thing about Burnett last season was that he wouldnt have the occasional bad outing...if he would get lit up, then it seemed like that would carry over into the next two or three starts as well. This game is actually a pretty decent gauge for Burnett this year in determining if we see another pattern here.

Take a look at his game-logs from last year against Boston (especially in Fenway)...not good. You had to have an idea he would have a bad outing.

Let's see how he does tonight against a high powered offense.

I knew I was playing with fire when I used him against Boston, and predictably, I got burned given his awful results against them in the past year. I'm looking for a bounce back tonight, but the Twins aren't a good team to do that with.

39 pitches in 2 innings....2 hits, 3 walks but no ER. Maybe I should've let him on the bench against Minny but hopefully he gets a boost from getting out of a bad jam in the 2nd.

Though only at 90 pitches through 6, he hasn't been very sharp and the Yanks have the lead. I wouldn't risk getting more out of Burnett tonight. I'd give the bullpen the reigns.

Though only at 90 pitches through 6, he hasn't been very sharp and the Yanks have the lead. I wouldn't risk getting more out of Burnett tonight. I'd give the bullpen the reigns.

I guess you were right.

Leaves with a runner on 2nd and two outs but Damaso blows it.

This is a tough decision for me but I am benching Burnett tonight. Yes, he can throw a shut out, but there is also a chance that he might get wild like he did against Red Sox. It's not worth taking a chance and get my era inflated against very hot Tampa Bay team.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's getting ugly out there for A.J. these days. I'm benching him until I see a strong start. Might even consider dropping.

you really shouldn't own AJ if you don't know to bench him v PHIL. If you dropped him I'd pick him up immediately. You have to know when to start and when to bench.

you really shouldn't own AJ if you don't know to bench him v PHIL. If you dropped him I'd pick him up immediately. You have to know when to start and when to bench.

I threw him out there vs Philly since OPhilly bats have been pretty bad the last few weeks.

I think he's a good start today. I'll be surprised if he doesn't hit 10Ks or more. I think he'll make it 7 innings even though he gets popped for a HR or two - I'll call 3ERs allowed + the W v Lopez.

I think he's a good start today. I'll be surprised if he doesn't hit 10Ks or more. I think he'll make it 7 innings even though he gets popped for a HR or two - I'll call 3ERs allowed + the W v Lopez.

Definitly a good matchup for him to rack up some K's. Here's a rare no-brainer Burnett start for me tonight.

Archived