NBC Sports Edge Forums

AJ Burnett 2010 Regular Season

Spina

I think he's a good start today. I'll be surprised if he doesn't hit 10Ks or more. I think he'll make it 7 innings even though he gets popped for a HR or two - I'll call 3ERs allowed + the W v Lopez.

Definitely agree here. Against a free swinging team like the D-Backs, this looks like it could be your vintage 7 IP, 3 ER, 8 K type day for Burnett.

You have to wonder though if the pitching coach Eiland's absence from the team has anything to do with Burnett's struggles lately.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unreal...coming from a Yankee fan and AJ owner, he is garbage - 3 HRs 5 ERs in 0.2 IP?!?!?! (i have Upton but still!!!)

Tonight's menu: Meatballs

Missing his spots by 6 inches or more and leaving them over the heart of the plate. He did get a bit unlucky on the single to Young since Gardner froze on could have been a catchable fly ball.

Yankees already getting the pen warmed up with 2 outs in the first.

Got the pitcher swinging with some pure clean

I think he's a good start today. I'll be surprised if he doesn't hit 10Ks or more. I think he'll make it 7 innings even though he gets popped for a HR or two - I'll call 3ERs allowed + the W v Lopez.

SuperJoint prediction -- 7 IP 3 ER 10+K 1.5 HRA

Actual performance so far -- 1 IP 6 ER 1K 3 HRA

B)

He'll get shellacked every now and then, but when this guy is on he's nearly unhittable. The issue is that there are very little "in between" games.

Good to know things haven't changed!

Tonight's menu: Meatballs

Missing his spots by 6 inches or more and leaving them over the heart of the plate. He did get a bit unlucky on the single to Young since Gardner froze on could have been a catchable fly ball.

Yankees already getting the pen warmed up with 2 outs in the first.

Did you happen to see the death glare he gave to Gardner when they were coming off the field? Real classy AJ!

Just took my AJ Burnett shirt off and tossed it in the trash!

(didnt really trash it but I refuse to wear it again until he learns how to pitch again)

Is he droppable in deep mixed formats at this point? Mediocre ERA, WHIP, quality starts, and strikeouts. Not really doing anything positive for my team...

Not really. He's a great guy to have when he goes hot. Not sure how deep though you are talking about.

• Root Admin

Burnett sucks, but Girardi's an idiot. Watch Posada and Burnett try and work together....It just doesn't work for them....Make Cervilli his designated C and give Posada those days off......It's really amazing how arrogant Girardi is....

Not really. He's a great guy to have when he goes hot. Not sure how deep though you are talking about.

Yeah, this is pretty spot on. They showed a crazy stat where his ERA is .63 or so in the 4 games he's won so far and 10.00 in the 10 games he's lost. When he starts feeling, he's obviously good. He still has one of the sickest curveballs in the bigs - it may even have too much break, to be honest. It froze 3 batters so far, but it just drops off too far and doesn't result in the strikeout.

Bateman: That's a good observation: Burnett doesn't really like Posada as his catcher and rated him as a "3 or 4" out of 10 last year and said he's worked it up to a "6 or 7" this year, but that's probably because he doesn't wanna crucify his teammate in a media hotspot. He always looks noticeably calmer when Cervelli catches and doesn't shrug off as many pitches.

It's really amazing how arrogant Girardi is....

Are you sure he's arrogent? He's already got his "28" shirt ready. B)

Burnett is a guy I wasn't too convinced, he just seems like he gets lit up quite a bit.

Archived