NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Scott Olsen Regular Season 2010

BMcP

I know it seems like a lifetime since this guy was any good, but he's got a 17-inning scoreless streak going and playing with a Nats offense that is deceptively strong this season.

Anyone see any potential here?

Depending how deep your league is sure. lol I mean if Zito can bounceback, & Penny can bounceback, why not Olsen. Now, he was highly touted, & his k-rate has always been above average, & he's a lefty/ They sometimes take time, so, who knows. But he always mercs the Braves. lol B) ....Vegeta

If anyone says one thing about "it". I might have to personally find you and murder you if "it" doesn't happen, cause it will be all your fault.

Hidden
IT B)

That's it. Could you kindly PM me your address, I'll give you the curiosity of picking what room of your house and what weapon I shall use.

Hidden
That's it. Could you kindly PM me your address, I'll the curiosity of what room of your house and what weapon I shall use.

sure the Conservatory with the candle stick.

Depending how deep your league is sure. lol I mean if Zito can bounceback, & Penny can bounceback, why not Olsen. Now, he was highly touted, & his k-rate has always been above average, & he's a lefty/ They sometimes take time, so, who knows. But he always mercs the Braves. lol B) ....Vegeta

i just don't believe in him, and i never will. he might be pitching ok now, but I can guarantee you it won't last. he had a strong run for a while last season too, than imploded. this thread is ridiculous. this pitcher is ridiculous... and atlanta is even more ridiculous for almost surrendering a no hitter to him.

(now having said that all that, lets go watch him pitch 5 more dominating performances)

did he get hurt tonight, or just inexplicably tire out? 5 1/3 ip and pulled after only 82 pitches and not in any real trouble in the inning. sure it wasn't his best game but seemed like an abrupt exit. help anyone?

His manager is an idiot.

Didn't catch why he was taken out early, but Riggleman is definitely not an idiot.

OK- Maybe that was harsh.

However taking Olsen out after only 82 pitches with a 6-2 lead and a tired bullpen and only one off day the rest off the month was a bit perplexing to me.

Looked like over managing.It worked last night with Atilano but Olsen isn't a kid and doesn't need to be babied like that.

OK- Maybe that was harsh.

However taking Olsen out after only 82 pitches with a 6-2 lead and a tired bullpen and only one off day the rest off the month was a bit perplexing to me.

Looked like over managing.It worked last night with Atilano but Olsen isn't a kid and doesn't need to be babied like that.

Yeah I actually agree with you. Not sure what the deal was but if I were given the choice between stretching Olsen for a few more innings or going with the pu pu platter of relievers + a tired Clippard for insurance in case things get out of hand, well, you can say hindsight is always 20/20 but it's pretty obvious what the decision should have been.

Wasn't watching but noticed an injury delay on the gamecast while Olsen was pitching, followed by a report that a comebacker had deflected off of him. Anyone confirm?

Wasn't watching but noticed an injury delay on the gamecast while Olsen was pitching, followed by a report that a comebacker had deflected off of him. Anyone confirm?

He got hit in the heel(looked like all shoe) by a come backer but stayed in for awhile after that.He didn't show any signs of injury that the announcers saw.

Olsen looking good today against a tough COL lineup...... definitely worth a look with some nice matchups coming up. And Washington's run support hasn't been bad lately. Scotty O might be a nice guy to ride for a bit.

Olsen looking good today against a tough COL lineup...... definitely worth a look with some nice matchups coming up. And Washington's run support hasn't been bad lately. Scotty O might be a nice guy to ride for a bit.

his lack of Ks the last two starts were a little disturbing but otherwise, quality outings.

Saw he left with a shoulder injury. He wasn't so sharp early today.... did anyone see how he hurt it?

Hit by a ball or anything like that (hopefully) - or just general problems (e.g. rotator cuff?)?

Saw he left with a shoulder injury. He wasn't so sharp early today.... did anyone see how he hurt it?

Hit by a ball or anything like that (hopefully) - or just general problems (e.g. rotator cuff?)?

Don't know but Livan freakin' Hernandez came in to pinch hit. Are they really that hard up for position players????

• 2 months later...

Did anyone get a chance to see him today? Only 1 K, but 2BB and 10 grounders, might be worth an add if you're in deeper leagues (plus you can DL him in Yahoo leagues if you pick him up today to see if he's fully back after a few starts)

Archived