NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marshawn Lynch Offseason Outlook 2010

Boy, I took some heat from Lynch backers way back in the 2009 saying that Lynch was not the dynamic back his supporters thought he was. Wonder what their feelings on Mr. Lynch are these days?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boy, I took some heat from Lynch backers way back in the 2009 saying that Lynch was not the dynamic back his supporters thought he was. Wonder what their feelings on Mr. Lynch are these days?

Bored over there Whiskey? B)

Is he going to be traded? Released? What team could use a back like Marshawn. I do think he has some value. He was never a YPC guy, but I could see him being a great short yardage back.

Bored over there Whiskey? B)

Is he going to be traded? Released? What team could use a back like Marshawn. I do think he has some value. He was never a YPC guy, but I could see him being a great short yardage back.

Seattle would be the ideal place for him. Other than that, it looks like he'd have to settle for a backup role... maybe with the Rams or Titans?

• 2 months later...

FOX Sports' Adam Caplan suggests that the Bills could revisit a Marshawn Lynch trade if C.J. Spiller impresses in the preseason.

Spiller can get that started tonight against Washington. We've heard some rumors that the Eagles might have interest in Lynch, but it's all speculation. The Seahawks, Redskins, and perhaps even the Patriots could all use him.Source: FOX Sports

I really believe the Bills will trade Marshawn at some point in the preseason. Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller make for a great combo and some team should be willing to pony up for a guy like Marshawn. The Eagles don't really make sense to me, but Seattle and Washington (assuming the old men don't pan out) could be good fits. Really Seattle, get rid of Julius and use Marshawn to go with Forsett and Washington.

I'd love to see Lynch moved, to me he's a top 15 RB in the NFL deserves to be a starter. He screwed himself by getting suspended last year and coming in out of shape and behind thus losing the job to Jackson. I actually grabbed Lynch very late in my PPR league and plan on grabbing him late in my big money draft next week.

Lynch lookin BEAST in early first quarter action! Bodes well for trade value.

Not sure what you're excited about - what good is he going to do value-wise on some other team than the Bills. He's going to be a comittee back regardless...

Not sure what you're excited about - what good is he going to do value-wise on some other team than the Bills. He's going to be a comittee back regardless...

Disagree if heads to Seattle. He'll be the lead and GL back there. That said, I wasn't really that excited, just happy watching some football...

Disagree if heads to Seattle. He'll be the lead and GL back there. That said, I wasn't really that excited, just happy watching some football...

I get it but you did decide to post in the Lynch thread. I actually believe Lych could be a productive lead back but what exactly are a team like the Seahawks going to offer for the guy? They're as talent-depleted as the Bills. Short of a high draft pick (not going to happen) this is a pipe dream. If Lynch goes anywhere it will probably be a team like the Cowboys or Giants or some other resource-rich team that doesn't really need him - that's the way these situations usually turn out. I doubt the Bills will actually unload him unless they get a future #2 pick at least.

I get it but you did decide to post in the Lynch thread. I actually believe Lych could be a productive lead back but what exactly are a team like the Seahawks going to offer for the guy? They're as talent-depleted as the Bills. Short of a high draft pick (not going to happen) this is a pipe dream. If Lynch goes anywhere it will probably be a team like the Cowboys or Giants or some other resource-rich team that doesn't really need him - that's the way these situations usually turn out. I doubt the Bills will actually unload him unless they get a future #2 pick at least.

Yeah, I know, I was watching that game at the time. This board isn't active enough, nobody seems to like to post about things unless it's some long, thought out process about a players season and his career potential. I think in addition to that it'd be helpful and much more fun to post about players as they are playing, just throw out thoughts about how a certain player is looking during the game. Doesn't seem like that's gonna happen on this board, though. Oh well.

Yeah, I know, I was watching that game at the time. This board isn't active enough, nobody seems to like to post about things unless it's some long, thought out process about a players season and his career potential. I think in addition to that it'd be helpful and much more fun to post about players as they are playing, just throw out thoughts about how a certain player is looking during the game. Doesn't seem like that's gonna happen on this board, though. Oh well.

ok - in the same post you don't respond to the thoughts on Lynch I threw out there - oh well...

BTW - this is evaluation time - not get excited about everything a player does time. The fact that he had a couple of impressive runs in preseason game means little about what he might do during the season. This is Scrubs on Display time...you'd hope Lynch can make some plays. One thing to take from tonight's game is how horrible (surprise) the Bills are. Doesn't bode well for any of their backs...

What am I missing here? I didn't watch the game, but the box score on both Rotoworld and at NFL.com show Lynch with no carries and one catch for 12 yards. What exactly is the excitement about? (As a Lynch owner, I sincerely want to know!)

What am I missing here? I didn't watch the game, but the box score on both Rotoworld and at NFL.com show Lynch with no carries and one catch for 12 yards. What exactly is the excitement about? (As a Lynch owner, I sincerely want to know!)

He had a great, long carry where he looked explosive and broke a few tackles, it was called back due to an illegal formation or something. Then came the catch. He looked good in that limited work. They then pulled him to get the rook Spiller some work.

That said, doesn't look like he's gonna get traded with the latest Fred Jackson news:

Coach Chan Gailey revealed that Fred Jackson is in danger of missing the start of the season after suffering hand and ankle injuries in the Bills' exhibition opener Friday night.

Gailey indicated that the hand injury is serious, which makes us wonder if it's a fracture. Jackson was abruptly pulled Friday night after starting ahead of Marshawn Lynch and first-round pick C.J. Spiller. "We hope to be able to get him back for the first game," said Gailey. "We’re not sure." Jackson's injury is going to greatly decrease the chances of Buffalo trading Lynch. It will also give Spiller an extended chance to work with the first-team offense.

Damn, looking like Marshawn didn't get more work after his good start was because he got hurt too...

Bills coach Chan Gailey revealed that Marshawn Lynch injured an ankle in the team's preseason opener Friday.

Gailey didn't know the severity, indicating that the team is awaiting MRI results. Lynch looked good against Washington, catching a 12-yard pass and showing tackle-breaking skills. It's unclear how long he's going to be out.

Rumors have it Fred Jackson might need surgery and could miss 2-3 months if that happens but tests are still being done and second opinions are being sought. If Jackson is out for half the season or more Lynch is a RB2 IMO in all formats I'd move him into the top 60 overall fantasy players easily. Spiller I was already high on so I don't think he'll be moved up any higher than I have him which is like top 60 already.

So where does that put Fred Jackson in your book? Top 10?

not even top 25

Lynch is much better, he just lost his job last year due to suspension and Jackson was looking decent enough that they didn't feel the need to strip Jackson of his duties when he was doing nothing wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
what kind of numbers do we see from "Mista lynch" this year?

Most likely nothing but odds are he will get a shot at 12-15 carries week one or maybe 10-12 if Jackson is out that will be his one and maybe only chance to make a statement if he can take those limited amount of touches and run off something like 70+ yards he has a shot to keep a 10-15 carry role splitting with Spiller even when F-Jacks comes back. Similar to how when Lynch was out last year Jackson wasn't expected to take his job fully but did with a good performance while Lynch was out. Word was out that Lynch was looking good in the limited time he was on the field this preseason and the latter part of camp so we'll just have to see. He's also worth a late round grab due to the off chance he is dealt, if he can't bust it out week1 or 2 while Jackson is sidelined and is not traded he can be rendered useless as is the most likely odds.

Archived