Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Where Legends Are Born


fontaine
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Drake said:

Pretty mindblown that El Eguanodon is 1 of 4 teams currently with 1400+ pts but sitting in 13th out of 14 teams right now. 3/5 of his losses were his opponent's best week so far. That must be frustrating.


He’s just getting his due karma for his Gabriel Davis Tom-Foolery 😉

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Drake said:

Pretty mindblown that El Eguanodon is 1 of 4 teams currently with 1400+ pts but sitting in 13th out of 14 teams right now. 3/5 of his losses were his opponent's best week so far. That must be frustrating.

 

You're the favorite to win it this year. No pressure!!

Edited by predator_05
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

 

You're the favorite to win it this year. No pressure!!

 

Not quite the favourite but definitely have a good shot. There's a couple other nasty teams out there. I'm against the dark horse El Eguanodon this week and he will be projected to beat me. Maybe I'll continue the trend and have my best week of the season too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 3:56 PM, sportsguy21792 said:

 

I have seen this idea going around.  Unfortunately, I just saw this post, as I don't check the forums very much during the season itself.  Given that it's now 2:54 PM CT on Sunday, I unfortunately don't think this is something we can implement this week.  I'm not opposed to doing something similar going forward.

I'll send an e-mail to everybody to get thoughts.  My thought is that if the majority of folks in the league want to do this, then we'll do it the rest of the season.

 

Did you guys ever so this?

 

If so I should have said something this week, I could have used my Steelers.  I'm more annoyed with myself for believing the NFL might cancel the game after listening to all the talking heads.  I should have realized the NFL isn't cancelling games unless a large asteroid hits the earth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

 

Did you guys ever so this?

 

If so I should have said something this week, I could have used my Steelers.  I'm more annoyed with myself for believing the NFL might cancel the game after listening to all the talking heads.  I should have realized the NFL isn't cancelling games unless a large asteroid hits the earth.

Even if the asteroid hit a stadium, the NFL would just shrug and postpone the game for 1-2 days so some of the rubble could be cleared up. And if the asteroid would hit during a game I think they would just go to commercials.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2020 at 8:45 AM, Iron-cock said:

 

Did you guys ever so this?

 

If so I should have said something this week, I could have used my Steelers.  I'm more annoyed with myself for believing the NFL might cancel the game after listening to all the talking heads.  I should have realized the NFL isn't cancelling games unless a large asteroid hits the earth.

I sent an e-mail to everybody when this happened earlier in the year and never heard back from anybody.  I didn't want to unilaterally implement something that only a couple of people were interested in, so I didn't bring it up again.

If more people think we should do something like this, let me know and I'm happy to implement it going forward.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2020 at 1:27 PM, Drake said:

Pretty mindblown that El Eguanodon is 1 of 4 teams currently with 1400+ pts but sitting in 13th out of 14 teams right now. 3/5 of his losses were his opponent's best week so far. That must be frustrating.

This has happened to me multiple times in this league. I have had extremely bad luck the majority of my time in this league but I still love it. ☹️

Edited by megamoviejohn
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2020 at 8:14 PM, sportsguy21792 said:

I sent an e-mail to everybody when this happened earlier in the year and never heard back from anybody.  I didn't want to unilaterally implement something that only a couple of people were interested in, so I didn't bring it up again.

If more people think we should do something like this, let me know and I'm happy to implement it going forward.

 

It's fine.  I was just ranting about my believing that game could be cancelled.  I understood the situation and played it safer than I should have.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to @JMakand his Detroit Diesels on a fantastic championship run.  Doing that without McCaffrey and Golladay all season (basically) was a remarkable managerial achievement.  

I was going to post this last night but there was some theoretical chance I could pull this out and I didn't want you to think this was an insincere attempt at a "reverse jinx."  (I don't do bush league stuff like that.)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Congratulations to @JMakand his Detroit Diesels on a fantastic championship run.  Doing that without McCaffrey and Golladay all season (basically) was a remarkable managerial achievement.  

I was going to post this last night but there was some theoretical chance I could pull this out and I didn't want you to think this was an insincere attempt at a "reverse jinx."  (I don't do bush league stuff like that.)

 

Thanks y'all! Even though it's a free league, this feels like a top 5 championship over the 20 years I've been playing. Lots of hustle and even more luck.

I pushed a lot of chips in to try and repeat last year and was bummed being a bonkers Blind Jameis game away. This is pretty redeeming. 

Let's do it again next year!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, JMak said:

 

Thanks y'all! Even though it's a free league, this feels like a top 5 championship over the 20 years I've been playing. Lots of hustle and even more luck.

I pushed a lot of chips in to try and repeat last year and was bummed being a bonkers Blind Jameis game away. This is pretty redeeming. 

Let's do it again next year!

Well done @JMak, very well done indeed.  This season, both for fantasy and in the NFL, will be remembered for all the craziness that was a part of it.  To take home the title in this year is a feat to behold.  Congrats to you, let's run it back next year (though hopefully without COVID).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now that the 2020 fantasy season is in the books, next year's draft order has come into focus.  Below is the "base order."  The full draft order, including trades, will be posted separately.

1.Boudewijn @Boudewijn

2. merkman_21 @merkman_21

3. Iron-cock @Iron-cock

4. predator_05 @predator_05

5. sportsguy21792

6. Du5t3r @Du5t3r

7. megamoviejohn @megamoviejohn

8. vikingapocalypse @vikingapocalypse

9. Drake @Drake

10. DerrickHenrysCleats @DerrickHenrysCleats

11. ArmchairGM @ArmchairGM

12. Mek Daddy @Mek Daddy

13. KennyWoo @KennyWoo

14. JMak @JMak

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And as promised, here is the full draft order for 2021, including trades (note that there were no roster violations during the year).  Please let me know if you see any mistakes.

Round 1

1. Boudewijn

2. merkman_21

3. Boudewijn (from Iron-cock)

4. KennyWoo (from predator_05 via Du5t3r)

5. sportsguy21792

6. KennyWoo (from Du5t3r)

7. megamoviejohn

8. vikingapocalypse

9. Boudewijn (from Drake)

10. DerrickHenrysCleats

11. ArmchairGM

12. Mek Daddy

13. KennyWoo

14. megamoviejohn (from JMak)

Round 2

15. Boudewijn

16. merkman_21

17. Iron-cock

18. sportsguy21792 (from predator_05)

19. sportsguy21792

20. Du5t3r

21. megamoviejohn

22. Boudewijn (from vikingapocalypse)

23. Drake

24. DerrickHenrysCleats

25. ArmchairGM

26. Mek Daddy

27. vikingapocalypse (from KennyWoo)

28. sportsguy21792 (from JMak)

Round 3

29. KennyWoo (from Boudewijn)

30. merkman_21

31. Iron-cock

32. predator_05

33. predator_05 (from sportsguy21792)

34. KennyWoo (from Du5t3r)

35. megamoviejohn

36. KennyWoo (from vikingapocalypse)

37. Boudewijn (from Drake)

38. Boudewijn (from DerrickHenrysCleats)

39. ArmchairGM

40. Mek Daddy

41. KennyWoo

42. sportsguy21792 (from JMak via KennyWoo)

FA Draft

1. Boudewijn

2. merkman_21

3. Iron-cock

4. Mek Daddy (from predator_05)

5. sportsguy21792

6. Du5t3r

7. megamoviejohn

8. vikingapocalypse

9. Drake

10. DerrickHenrysCleats

11. ArmchairGM

12. Mek Daddy

13. KennyWoo

14. JMak

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With 2 minutes left in the final week of the season, JK Dobbins scores the final TD of the fantasy season as the Ravens go up 34-17 over the Cowboys on Monday night. A pointless TD in the NFL world but not in Fantasy Football world. This TD put Vikingapocalypse ahead of Detroit Diesels by 3.10 points, dropping Detroit Diesels from 3rd seed to 5th seed. The loss actually helped Detroit Diesels make it past the 1st round as 6th seed DerrickHenrysCleats would have won that match up in the 1st round, as well as their 2nd matchup making a final vs Need Some Wood?. Need Some Wood? would have been Champion with Detroit Diesels getting 5th place.

Interesting how things dramatically changed for Detroit Diesels off the final touchdown of the season that in the short term, looked like it hurt them. GG's all.

 

image.thumb.png.6749670d176551148b4bbea374ad3aba.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...