NBC Sports Edge Forums

Where Legends Are Born

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why did you post this on the message board instead of just PM'ing Duster directly?  IIRC, Duster has all 14 first round picks for 2018 already...

Big thanks, as always, to @sportsguy21792 for running this league. The most insanely competitive dynasty league on the Internet. 

Posted Images

"I believe this should be the correct draft order now, including all picks that were traded recently?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sABVhW1tc14

Truth be told, when I was just going back through the past few pages to make sure I hadn't skipped over any trades, your Frank Gore trade with picks in Rounds 28/29 confused me for a second.

Why am I so anxious to see the Cowboys play tomorrow when its just a meaningless preseason game? Oh how I hate the preseason football teases!

That Seahawks/Titans game was very nice, didn't feel like a preseason game to me. Hopefully there are more like that.

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins

Okay guys, let's stop with the bickering now. I understand everybody's frustrated, on edge, whatever, about things that have been going on lately. Yes, I did not institute a time limit on picks, with the stipulation that everybody be active. We are still 3 and a half weeks from the start of the year, so let's relax a little bit. I can implement one for everybody, if that's what people would like, but I didn't think I'd have to do as much babysitting as I have lately. I'm here to run a league, not watch adults act like children at times with bickering. The past is the past, and it needs to stay there. I want everybody to just stop arguing with each other, or do I need to start issuing draft pick penalties for that sort of stuff to get the message across? Everybody take a deep breath and let's continue with the draft.

• Like 1

01. Darkstar Dragons [from Soulcrusher via '99 St. Louis Rams] Trent Richardson RB CLE

02. Bilbo Baggin Ballers (from Soulcrusher via Darkstar Dragons) Doug Martin RB TB

03. Abusement Park (via TDs N' Beer) Robert Griffin III QB WAS

04. Fatal Exception Andrew Luck QB IND

05. Abusement Park (from Fatal Exception via KTOWNRACER) David Wilson RB NYG

06. Pack Attack Justin Blackmon WR JAC

07. Abusement Park (from Fatal Exception via Kyzer) Isaiah Pead RB STL

08. Darkstar Dragons (via The Lucky Ducks) Coby Fleener IND

09. Abusement Park - Kendall Wright WR TEN

10. Lil Bishes (from Soulcrusher) Russell Wilson QB SEA

11. Darkstar Dragons (from Soulcrusher via Bilbo Baggin Ballers) Ryan Broyles WR DET

12. Harbaugh Warriors OTC

13. Ink Inc

14. Abusement Park (from Soulcrusher via Darkstar Dragons via Soulcrusher via Lil Bishes)

Edited by sportsguy21792

Okay guys, let's stop with the bickering now. I understand everybody's frustrated, on edge, whatever, about things that have been going on lately. Yes, I did not institute a time limit on picks, with the stipulation that everybody be active. We are still 3 and a half weeks from the start of the year, so let's relax a little bit. I can implement one for everybody, if that's what people would like, but I didn't think I'd have to do as much babysitting as I have lately. I'm here to run a league, not watch adults act like children at times with bickering. The past is the past, and it needs to stay there. I want everybody to just stop arguing with each other, or do I need to start issuing draft pick penalties for that sort of stuff to get the message across? Everybody take a deep breath and let's continue with the draft.

Acknowledged.

I also want to say something that has not necessarily guided me through everything, but been something I've said and stand by. I'm not in the business of proving who's right, who's wrong, who's telling the truth, and who isn't, but this is what I've gone by ever since I started playing fantasy sports a few years back.

Real life trumps fantasy, every single time. No exceptions, ifs, ands or buts.

• Like 1

I'm interested in acquiring 2nd Round picks.

Davone Bess might actually be a more interesting name now that Ochocinco has been cut from the Dolphins. He had 76 receptions in 2009, and 79 receptions in 2010. His receptions (51 receptions in 2011) understandably dipped with Brandon Marshall on the team last season, but now both Marshall and Ochocinco are gone.

I like those odds.

Edited by Robrain

At first I was just joking around about him saying things like - I'm goin to go watch the first few plays of this pre-season game before making my pick. - After a while I started to get the impression he's an internet troll and I think everyone can agree we don't need one of those in this league. I find it really suspicious that he was feeling so bad, but kept coming back to the forum to argue with us instead of making his selection. I also find it odd that once a lot of people started to discuss removing him from the league that's when he finally came back and made the pick. I don't mind him in the league if he's just a dick, but I've already seen some shady things go down in this league and the last thing we need is someone managing a team actively trying to bring the league down. Believe it or not there's actually people out there on the internet that just try to piss people off for a laugh. Most of them come from that website 4chan.

At first I was just joking around about him saying things like - I'm goin to go watch the first few plays of this pre-season game before making my pick. - After a while I started to get the impression he's an internet troll and I think everyone can agree we don't need one of those in this league. I find it really suspicious that he was feeling so bad, but kept coming back to the forum to argue with us instead of making his selection. I also find it odd that once a lot of people started to discuss removing him from the league that's when he finally came back and made the pick. I don't mind him in the league if he's just a dick, but I've already seen some shady things go down in this league and the last thing we need is someone managing a team actively trying to bring the league down. Believe it or not there's actually people out there on the internet that just try to piss people off for a laugh. Most of them come from that website 4chan.

There's a difference between being an internet troll, and simply giving back the same amount of respect that you're shown.

After all the taunting and whatnot, you're honestly surprised I responded with a message like "Deal with it"? That was a direct response to the fact that you guys were just going crazy with the impatient messages. Most leagues have a 12 or 24 hour limit to make your pick after you're OTC. I didn't go past 7 hours with my pick. There was no reason for the harassment about making my pick at that point.

Brian Quick ended up not playing much with Bradford and the 1st team offense, since they want Quick to earn the job by climbing the depth chart. So I ended up having to watch a lot more of the game than I'd intended, in order to see Quick in action with that humdrum offense.

I would have felt more obligated to provide an explanation if not for the less-than-polite messages I was receiving at the time. Even when I did post an explanation after waking up, the first response I got was:

"We don't need your excuses. We need your draft pick."

Which is why I never bothered posting an explanation before that while I was watching the game. There was no point, it wouldn't have really made any difference to the three of you, you would have just kept on with what you were doing.

Respect's a 2-way street. If you're going to act like a jerk, I'm likely to just ignore you, or not give you what you want.

You catch more bees with honey, as the saying goes.

So yeah, if you want something from me in the future, best way to get it is not to be a jerk. Simple as that, really. Otherwise, no one to blame but yourself.

There's a difference between smack talk and veiled personal attacks, some of you probably need to figure out where that line is.

Of course, none of you guys are complaining that SFDEVIL (Harbaugh Warriors) hasn't picked yet. Even though I know for a fact that SFDEVIL knows it's his turn, because he responded to one of my PM's over an hour ago. That would be two hours after I made my 1.11 pick, which means he's knowingly been OTC for three hours now, but I don't see anyone getting up in arms about that.

And nobody should, it's his pick, let him take as long as he reasonably needs to make it.

Nobody's going anywhere right now, so let's do away with the vote this guy out, vote that guy out talk. It's not just him that's talking smack, being impatient, being disrespectful, etc., and I'm not going to remove those people that are doing so over something like that. Like I said, let's get rid of the bickering, back and forth nonsense, I don't want to take away from my responsibilities as commissioner by babysitting people who, I presume, are older, maybe much older than I am (and I'm 20, for those wondering). Now I'm not asking everybody to be friends and all cuddly with each other, but be civil, if nothing else.

I'm also going to make a decision that starting at the top of the second round, there is a 24 hour time limit on all picks. Those who do not make their picks in the allotted time will have their pick skipped, and they may pick whenever they return. I don't see this being a problem, as nobody has come even close to taking that long, but now there's a rule in place.

Being nearly 36 hours in and not out of round 1 yet is a little ridiculous though. In comparison my main league took 4 1/2 hours to get to pick 12. By the 36 hour point we were already mid-way through the 3rd round. If this is going to be a strong league we need to do things efficiently and have a league where everyone respects each other. Obviously no one respects Robrain at this point. Nobody is asking for the commissioner to "baby sit" anyone, just trying to get this draft to go smoothly.

The only thing you're proposing at this point is kicking Robrain out of the league when we are, as you said, 36 hours into this year. And for what, bickering, being annoying? Everybody bickering in the league can be considered acting annoying. That's not a shot at anybody in the league, but bickering itself is annoying, and that goes for everybody, myself included. Nobody said that every member of every league you're in will be somebody you like or even respect.

I don't think we're on a bad pace in the draft either, the rookie draft last year took 9 days to complete, from the 8th to the 17th of August 2011. We've gotten through 11 picks in a day and a half, that equates to finishing the entire 42 picks in about another 4 to 4 and a half days, which would beat the time from last year.

Edited by sportsguy21792

Talking smack and just flat out being a dick are two different things. Really I'm not all that concerned with him holding up the draft for a few hours and more concerned with him doing something down the line. Me and Ky had a guy in our leagues named Sean that remind us of Robraine and Sean ended up hacking about 3 people in the league including the commissioner and nearly ruined the season. I feel that if a good number of people can agree that a manager isn't working out then he should just leave and seek another league. Of course there's going to be smack talking and arguing. That's where I was at initially when I was just making fun of him for judging a pre-season quarter on his selection, but it got to the point where I believe this person could be detrimental to the league.

Being nearly 36 hours in and not out of round 1 yet is a little ridiculous though. In comparison my main league took 4 1/2 hours to get to pick 12. By the 36 hour point we were already mid-way through the 3rd round. If this is going to be a strong league we need to do things efficiently and have a league where everyone respects each other. Obviously no one respects Robrain at this point. Nobody is asking for the commissioner to "baby sit" anyone, just trying to get this draft to go smoothly.

That's an impressive pace, no doubt. My previous experience with a dynasty league's 4 Round Draft (Stifler's 12-team IDP league, 2 Rookie Rounds, followed by 2 FA/Rookie Rounds) is as follows:

Round 1 (Picks 1-12):

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/78423-stifler-dynasty-football-ppr-w-idps/page__view__findpost__p__2845290

Timestamp for my pick kicking off the draft is right there. We moved the draft thread over onto our Yahoo League Forum after that.

1.01 pick in that draft was made on July 9th, at 11:49 PM.

1.12 pick in that draft was made on July 13th, at 5:33 pm.

That's approximately a little under 4 days to make 12 picks.

At that pace, that means at worst the entire 4-Round draft should be completed within ~15-16 days.

Sometimes it goes faster, sometimes it goes slower, just depends really.

Sometimes you might shoot out a trade offer for a pick that's coming up, but the person you sent the offer to might not login until later that night. Even if you sent the offer in advance, when there were still 3-5 picks in front of your own, you might not hear back from a team about that offer before it's your turn to pick. There's a lot of scenarios which can come up, which makes 24 hours a reasonable limit per pick. People will pick sooner if they can, of course.

I could see wanting the draft to go faster if this was the first draft of a dynasty league, like the Prestige League just marathoned through. In that case, there were what, 20+ rounds that needed to be completed before the start of the regular season?

That's a much taller order than just 4 Rounds. Just to put some perspective on the whole thing.

I don't know Robraine and he's done nothing personal to piss me off so it's not like I have it out for this guy. I just feel this league is trying to become a strong league and people like him are weak links.

That's an impressive pace, no doubt. My previous experience with a dynasty league's 4 Round Draft (Stifler's 12-team IDP league, 2 Rookie Rounds, followed by 2 FA/Rookie Rounds) is as follows:

Round 1 (Picks 1-12):

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/78423-stifler-dynasty-football-ppr-w-idps/page__view__findpost__p__2845290

Timestamp for my pick kicking off the draft is right there. We moved the draft thread over onto our Yahoo League Forum after that.

1.01 pick in that draft was made on July 9th, at 11:49 PM.

1.12 pick in that draft was made on July 13th, at 5:33 pm.

That's approximately a little under 4 days to make 12 picks.

At that pace, that means at worst the entire 4-Round draft should be completed within ~15-16 days.

Sometimes it goes faster, sometimes it goes slower, just depends really.

Sometimes you might shoot out a trade offer for a pick that's coming up, but the person you sent the offer to might not login until later that night. Even if you sent the offer in advance, when there were still 3-5 picks in front of your own, you might not hear back from a team about that offer before it's your turn to pick. There's a lot of scenarios which can come up, which makes 24 hours a reasonable limit per pick. People will pick sooner if they can, of course.

I could see wanting the draft to go faster if this was the first draft of a dynasty league, like the Prestige League just marathoned through. In that case, there were what, 20+ rounds that needed to be completed before the start of the regular season?

That's a much taller order than just 4 Rounds. Just to put some perspective on the whole thing.

No dude round 1 of a fantasy rookie draft does not last 4 days. I've been doing keeper leagues for years and round 1 rarely goes pased the 24 hour mark. Rounds 3-4 generally last longer because people lose interest and it's not so hyped, but round 1 goes very quickly. You should already have all the necessary information coming into the draft to make your selection and it's ridiculous to hold the draft up all day because you wanted to see how a player plays in a pre-season game. And the way you're talking reminds me so much of those 4chan idiots which is why I really don't want you in the league. They all have a certain way about them and you're coming off that way to me very strongly.