NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richard Jefferson 2010 Offseason Outlook

gsw

As a Spurs fan I have to say that the way RJ is playing and fitting into the offense so far this season as compared to last season is like night and day. I don't expect 20 pts per at the end of the year but 15 to 16 might be doable, with something like 1.5 threes and a steal per game. Hopefully his FT% will get better.

I know I started this thread about his contract but I must say I am impressed with his play as well... However, there is a reason for his success... I saw this article a month ago and kept it in mind to target him late. I got him in the 14th in one league and picked him up in our rotoworld league.

http://www.ethiopianreview.com/sports/136722

He's been working all summer with one of the best coaches of all time. Pick him up ASAP.

He wasn't even drafted in my 12 team, 4 bench money league. Illustrating just how far his stock has fallen over the last 2 seasons. Still his ADP was about 175 in the other leagues combined. He's certainly looking like a bargain and a top 100 player right now. Nothing too special as he's a weak rebounder, but he does contribute a little bit everywhere. Not enough to make him an effective glue guy, but he does protect the ball fairly well. That said, If he can shoot around 46% from the field 35% from 3PT and 75% from the line, while continuing to shoot the ball 12+ times a game, he could certainly be a steal as an effective end of the line number 2 utility type starter. That said, I wouldn't bet the farm on all that happening as he's been shooting very well and a couple of bench chuckers are currently hurt.

He wasn't even drafted in my 12 team, 4 bench money league. Illustrating just how far his stock has fallen over the last 2 seasons. Still his ADP was about 175 in the other leagues combined. He's certainly looking like a bargain and a top 100 player right now. Nothing too special as he's a weak rebounder, but he does contribute a little bit everywhere. Not enough to make him an effective glue guy, but he does protect the ball fairly well. That said, If he can shoot around 46% from the field 35% from 3PT and 75% from the line, while continuing to shoot the ball 12+ times a game, he could certainly be a steal as an effective end of the line number 2 utility type starter. That said, I wouldn't bet the farm on all that happening as he's been shooting very well and a couple of bench chuckers are currently hurt.

He looks good so far, should he be picked up at this point?

I live in SA and watch every game. He is by far the frontrunner for MIP so far. What's funny is that he was once almost an all-star. I know it's still early, but the difference between last year and this year is his commitment. He worked his a$$ off this summer, dropping major body fat% (as did Timmy and Blair). Secondly, he attacks from the wing much more instead of settling for a jumpshot. He has his legs and attack 1st attitude. If he was avail in my 12-man league I'd jump ALL over him!

I live in SA and watch every game. He is by far the frontrunner for MIP so far. What's funny is that he was once almost an all-star. I know it's still early, but the difference between last year and this year is his commitment. He worked his a$$ off this summer, dropping major body fat% (as did Timmy and Blair). Secondly, he attacks from the wing much more instead of settling for a jumpshot. He has his legs and attack 1st attitude. If he was avail in my 12-man league I'd jump ALL over him!

Agreed. At the very least he'd be a a very reliable bench guy to have. Those are players you will always need at some point. I just wish he played a little bigger.

Archived