NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ty Lawson 2010-2011

Ty Lawsome

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what's the latest on the Lawson/Billups situation? I hear Billups is supposed to be back on Wednesday. Anyone have a more recent update?

From Rotowire through ESPN FBB

Nuggets coach George Karl expects Billups (wrist) to play against the Spurs on Wednesday, the Denver Post reports.

Probably pretty accurate, I'm pretty sure Billups almost came back early and was a game time decision for their last game on Saturday...

So Lawson is a drop now in a 15 player 10 team league? Such a shame, so much potential :/

Sure is a shame. I was really hoping Billups would be out longer. I really don't want to drop him in my 10 team league but I just don't see him having much value unless Billups goes down again, gets traded, or they limit his minutes.

Lawson is clearly the future in Denver and I like what I see.

Sure is a shame. I was really hoping Billups would be out longer. I really don't want to drop him in my 10 team league but I just don't see him having much value unless Billups goes down again, gets traded, or they limit his minutes.

Lawson is clearly the future in Denver and I like what I see.

Mother of Gawd.....Go away Chauncey. You suck!

So Lawson is a drop now in a 15 player 10 team league? Such a shame, so much potential :/

I wouldn't drop him just yet. He's bound to see more mins, as a starter he's done far better than Chauncey has this year so far. Plus who knows if Chancey's wrists flairs up again.

Well Melo will get moved eventually as the Nuggets won't let him walk without getting anything, and as soon as that happens the Nuggets season will spiral down...whether Billups gets moved or not, the last month(..maybe 2 months) Lawson will be a fantasy beast as the Nuggets turn the page to the future.

wait i thought billups has torn ligaments. those didn't heal he just rested to try and see if he can play with the pain. so i wouldn't drop lawson until billups plays a few games, he may still need to have that surgery.

rotoworld even suggested this originally and now they are all suggesting dropping lawson instead of waiting. odd.

wait i thought billups has torn ligaments. those didn't heal he just rested to try and see if he can play with the pain. so i wouldn't drop lawson until billups plays a few games, he may still need to have that surgery.

rotoworld even suggested this originally and now they are all suggesting dropping Lawson instead of waiting. odd.

Yeah I think it's a little ridiculous they are suggesting this. I could see if Billups has been back for two weeks or so and Lawson is no longer producing then yes this would be good advice. Billups hasn't even stepped a single foot on the court since his injury which makes Lawsons still valuable IMO. And like you said it's not like he's healed so the possibility of a setback is extremely high. And then that will probably mean surgery. And guess what Rotoworld will be suggesting then? Something like....."If someone in you league dropped Lawson run to the wire and add him as he is a must own in all leagues"

It's common sense to hang onto a guy like this. He can produce and has no competition if Billups is out. The chances of Billups coming back and staying healthy from here on out are pretty slim.

Yeah I think it's a little ridiculous they are suggesting this. I could see if Billups has been back for two weeks or so and Lawson is no longer producing then yes this would be good advice. Billups hasn't even stepped a single foot on the court since his injury which makes Lawsons still valuable IMO. And like you said it's not like he's healed so the possibility of a setback is extremely high. And then that will probably mean surgery. And guess what Rotoworld will be suggesting then? Something like....."If someone in you league dropped Lawson run to the wire and add him as he is a must own in all leagues"

It's common sense to hang onto a guy like this. He can produce and has no competition if Billups is out. The chances of Billups coming back and staying healthy from here on out are pretty slim.

EXACTLY!!!!! Rotoworld has sucked with Advice. I like reading these boards instead to catch others opinions. A lot of owners in my league take Rotoworld's advice like the bible, which is very frustrating. "ROTOWORLD NOAH IS OUT 3 MONTHS!!" when theres other sources that say 6-8 week..for example

EXACTLY!!!!! Rotoworld has sucked with Advice. I like reading these boards instead to catch others opinions. A lot of owners in my league take Rotoworld's advice like the bible, which is very frustrating. "ROTOWORLD NOAH IS OUT 3 MONTHS!!" when theres other sources that say 6-8 week..for example

BLASPHEMY!! OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!! B)

No chance Noah is out for 3 months. I had the same injury last year, I didn't get surgery but it took me 8 weeks in a splint and then 2 weeks of rehab (my own personal rehab no clinics or anything, just doing thumb exercises). Figure Noah had top notch surgery with top notch doctors there's no chance it's more than a 10 week injury.

Back to Lawson though. How do you guys foresee his playing time? I'm reading Chauncey is now a game time decision tonight. Which is weird, why rush back when Lawson is doing so well? Either way I see it Lawson is going to have to break 26 mins a night regardless, right?

I also read Chauncey tore ligaments which would mean there is no way he could be playing this soon. So I'm thinking either those reports were inaccurate or Chauncey is getting really risky trying to play through it.

So far tonight, 14/2/2 (6/6 fg, 2/2 3pt). Even with less minutes off the bench, he has still produced decently, more often than not.

He ends the night with 23 pts / 3 reb / 2 ast / 2 3's on 8 of 12 shooting and 4 for 5 from the line. He did this all in 28:10 mins of playing time.

While Chauncey in 36:49 mins put up 20 pts / 1 reb / 7 ast / 0 3's on 4 of 11 shooting and 12 of 12 from the line.

So clearly they both were very effective tonight. I'm still not certain where his minuets lie as Carmelo didn't play today. But I would want to think Lawson plays around 28 - 30 mins a night even with Chauncey back. Which is a good amount of time for an electric player like Lawson to do some work.

The most important thing developing is how aggressive Ty is becoming about going to the hoop and creating. This was probably the best game I've ever seen out of him in that regard(and being against the San Antonio Sterns, it's even better). If he continues to progress in that nature, the sky really is the limit.

I feel very homerish, but I still see him becoming a poor man's CP3. He has a similar type of game, can get the steals, and is efficient as they come.

rotoworld even suggested this originally and now they are all suggesting dropping lawson instead of waiting. odd.

As expected Rotoworld suggests dropping Lawson before Billups' return and now after his return they suggest picking him up....Shocker haha get a clue.

Ty Lawson had 22 points and two 3-pointers on 8-of-12 shooting in 28 minutes despite the return of Chauncey Billups, who played 37 minutes on Wednesday.

Yes, Lawson looks like a decent pick up right now and makes for good Billups insurance, but keep in mind that Carmelo Anthony was out tonight. But Lawson has earned minutes and George Karl likes playing him. Don't cut a fantasy starter, but if you've got room, add Lawson

does his value increase once Melo gets traded?? or does he need Billups to be moved as well?? I currently have him a H2H league and just wondering if he's worth the stash..

he needs Billups to get injured/traded. Melo being traded helps a little because somebody has to pick up the scoring slack, and it could also lead the Nuggets to go with a youth movement meaning Billups might get traded also. But for this year, I think he becomes very valuable when Billups gets injured.

he needs Billups to get injured/traded. Melo being traded helps a little because somebody has to pick up the scoring slack, and it could also lead the Nuggets to go with a youth movement meaning Billups might get traded also. But for this year, I think he becomes very valuable when Billups gets injured.

This would also open up the guard positions more. J.R. Smith would end up playing mostly SF as well as I'd imagine Afflalo would have to play some SF as well.

Meaning Chauncey would play 2 and Lawson 1 when Lawson was in the game...

Right now The Nuggets with the way the standings currently stand would be the 7th playoff team. If their record continues to worsen it'll only hasten the Melo trade talks... They really don't look like they could make it far in the playoffs right now anyway.

Archived