NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ty Lawson 2010-2011

Ty Lawsome

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you honestly think this guy, who so far wont even publicly admit he wants to be traded, is going to tell the world something like that in a post game interview? He's just doing the same thing he has done from the start, act oblivious and play dumb.

I saw the post game interview. He said he didnt see a trade to new jersey happening. He never said he didnt see a trade in general happening.

And do you honestly believe that he wasnt telling the truth when he said he doesnt see a trade NJ hapenning?? Considering the Nets have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting for this guy to agree for months and it still hasnt happened. The Nets have had the best offer of any team on the table for months now so obviously it's something or someone thats holding it up *cough melo cough* and the reason for that is because he doesnt want to go to NJ plain and simple.

Besides, whether a trade goes down or not, whether its Billups, Miller, or Harris, Ty Lawson is not fantasy relevant in a standard sized league this year. He will be a bench player until the end of the year.

Leaving Lawson on the waiver wire after both Melo and Chauncey get dealt would be a huge mistake. Simple as that.

But why? Explain please.

Any PG that DEN gets in the deal will be a starter. Lawson will still be in the same role he is now.

Leaving Lawson on the waiver wire after both Melo and Chauncey get dealt would be a huge mistake. Simple as that.

Hey Ty Lawsome your in Denver, what does the local media have to say about this 3 way trade? Do they think it's really going to happen? I'm always interested in what the locals think they always have a better feel about what there local team will do.

Local media hasn't provided much of anything, except asking him questions in the post game. I know someone who is close with Chauncey's family, and they think it's going to happen. But then again, if anything were official, we'd know about it...so that's merely just speculation as well.

I think the general consensus is that, if it weren't going to happen and Melo really didn't want to go to NJ...talks wouldn't have gotten this far, and his own agent wouldn't be the one driving so much of it right now. I think the main issue really has been all the teams involved finalizing things, and getting themselves to fully commit to it. You'd think that would be the easy part after all this time, but we are talking about the biggest blockbuster in the history of the NBA here, in terms of the number of players and salary involved...not to mention the kind of impact it will have on the direction of each of Denver and New Jersey for the next 5-10 years.

From the Nuggets' side, I feel like their main holdup is just finding the balls to commit to such a major shakeup. Even though Melo clearly wants out, and will almost certainly leave if they don't trade him, there is still some hesitation over the decision to actually be the ones to trade your franchise player. On top of that, there is the issue of trading the hometown hero in Chauncey Billups, which is equally as hard of a decision. Especially with the likely backlash from fans who just wont understand. It's one thing to deal Melo when he asks to be traded, most fans will understand that. But Chauncey doesn't HAVE to be involved(though he does for this deal to work as constructed), and casual fans aren't going to be very happy. So despite the fact that it's the right move to make and the best decision for the franchise going forward, they're still facing the prospect of a major rebuild and the likelihood of losing a lot of support from the general public.

In the end I think it gets done at some point tomorrow, as it's kind of the point of no return now. All sides involved are motivated, and Melo's display in the Hornets game has got to be the final straw(from the piss poor effort, as well as the fans booing him at home).

Local media hasn't provided much of anything, except asking him questions in the post game. I know someone who is close with Chauncey's family, and they think it's going to happen. But then again, if anything were official, we'd know about it...so that's merely just speculation as well.

I think the general consensus is that, if it weren't going to happen and Melo really didn't want to go to NJ...talks wouldn't have gotten this far, and his own agent wouldn't be the one driving so much of it right now. I think the main issue really has been all the teams involved finalizing things, and getting themselves to fully commit to it. You'd think that would be the easy part after all this time, but we are talking about the biggest blockbuster in the history of the NBA here, in terms of the number of players and salary involved...not to mention the kind of impact it will have on the direction of each of Denver and New Jersey for the next 5-10 years.

From the Nuggets' side, I feel like their main holdup is just finding the balls to commit to such a major shakeup. Even though Melo clearly wants out, and will almost certainly leave if they don't trade him, there is still some hesitation over the decision to actually be the ones to trade your franchise player. On top of that, there is the issue of trading the hometown hero in Chauncey Billups, which is equally as hard of a decision. Especially with the likely backlash from fans who just wont understand. It's one thing to deal Melo when he asks to be traded, most fans will understand that. But Chauncey doesn't HAVE to be involved(though he does for this deal to work as constructed), and casual fans aren't going to be very happy. So despite the fact that it's the right move to make and the best decision for the franchise going forward, they're still facing the prospect of a major rebuild and the likelihood of losing a lot of support from the general public.

In the end I think it gets done at some point tomorrow, as it's kind of the point of no return now. All sides involved are motivated, and Melo's display in the Hornets game has got to be the final straw(from the piss poor effort, as well as the fans booing him at home).

I agree with the guy above. Fantasy basketball fans think this trade sounds good on paper, but I just don't see Chauncey being dealt. He's already stated he wants to retire in Denver...his hometown. He has been big in the community.

In addition, does NJ really have enough to make a trade for all three guys: Melo, Rip and Chauncey????? This all sounds like fantasy....pardon the pun.

I don't think everything reported in this rumor is going to happen.

I think Lawson will get his chance in Denver very soon..

Devin Harris, who is very likely going to the Nuggets if the Carmelo Anthony deal happens in the next few days, may not end up staying in Denver for long.

The Mavericks are said to be interested in Harris, while we're guessing that other teams will be too. And given the fact George Karl seems to really like Ty Lawson, the Nuggets could be ready to officially turn the keys over to the Carloina alum. In other words, if you have room, stashing Lawson on your fantasy roster makes a ton of sense right now. Jan. 10 - 9:34 am et

Nice local perspective. Thank you for sharing!

There's still the small matter of Billups' contract possibly getting bought out and him returning to DEN.

I picked him up.. I would stash him and see how this pans out.. He can be a difference maker if he gets the starting Gig.

There's still the small matter of Billups' contract possibly getting bought out and him returning to DEN.

But aren't Hamilton and Billips to be included so that NJ has other veterans that would help keep Carmello happy? If NJ has to trade Devin Harris to get Chauncey than why then "cut" Chauncey?

The Devin Harris component and Chauncey components are the parts that make no sense. NJ has Farmer who they want to give more time and Denver has Lawson. SO how is this going to accomplish getting both those guys minutes? NJ is trying to get Billips to accept because both Carmello and Rip (his buddies) are on the Nets (if trade is made). Still All this trade does is make NJ old and Denver does not even want Harris. Now, if a 4th team were to be included or you can get Detroit to take Devin Harris then maybe this works.

See this is where I come from, I just don't understand this trade. It sounds like a Fantasy Basketball trade but not a real one.

Dallas is after Harris again. So we could see the following: Harris going from NJ to Denver on to Dallas.

Billups either wants a contract extension from NJ or a buyout and return to Denver.

Even without Billups in Denver I do not see Harris staying there. The coaches in Denver like Ty, they want him to run the team. Devin would be eating his minutes and slow down his development.

When Ty started in Billup's and/or Melo's absence he produced very nice numbers. I think it was around 18-20 points 7 assists and the occasional 3 to boot.

The kid can play. But with both Billups and Melo there he will always be less productive.

For all teams included in this deal sake, this soap has to end. (and for us Fantasy owners as well B) )

The fans and teams want stability.

the trade will go down imo. He doesn't want to lose out on the big stack of money he has his eyes on B)

Why else do you think he won't take his chances in Free Agency with say for example the Knicks till the end of the season?

If Melo doesn't get traded he'll be a FA in the coming summer: and with the pending lockout/change in salaries, this doesn't bode well for him.

He wants as much money as possible and wants to get out of Denver.

but that's just my take on it

Opposed to the big stack of money hes going to get 2 months later after the season ends?

dotslasherPosted Today, 07:11 PM the trade will go down imo. He doesn't want to lose out on the big stack of money he has his eyes on B)

Why else do you think he won't take his chances in Free Agency with say for example the Knicks till the end of the season?

If Melo doesn't get traded he'll be a FA in the coming summer: and with the pending lockout/change in salaries, this doesn't bode well for him.

What dotslasher is saying is that he may leave some money on the table if he doesn't sign an extension this year.

dotslasherPosted Today, 07:11 PM the trade will go down imo. He doesn't want to lose out on the big stack of money he has his eyes on B)

What dotslasher is saying is that he may leave some money on the table if he doesn't sign an extension this year.

ahhh ok.

This deal aint going down because Chauncey does not want to be traded from Denver. Carmello today asked for Chauncey to be taken out. The thought was if both Carmello and Rip were on the Nets Chauncey would accept but they were wrong. Chauncey wants to retire a Nugget. So in light of that, because everyone wants to bend over backwards for Carmello he asked Chauncey be excluded. All this points to Chauncey still the starting PG for Denver and Lawson still the back up. Ty is going to have to wait it out in Denver or be traded to get the starting PG job in Denver.

from what i read earlier, DEN wanted new jersey to take al harrington, too...which is what stalled everything, as NJ didnt want him....prior to that, it seems this deal almost happened, until DEN got greedy about trying to correct their mistake of signing big al to big money for 5 years......

from what i read earlier, DEN wanted new jersey to take al harrington, too...which is what stalled everything, as NJ didnt want him....prior to that, it seems this deal almost happened, until DEN got greedy about trying to correct their mistake of signing big al to big money for 5 years......

As bad as NJ wants Melo, they dont want to even think about Harrington so this trade is dead unless DEN removes Harrington.

As bad as NJ wants Melo, they dont want to even think about Harrington so this trade is dead unless DEN removes Harrington.

What has probably happened is that Harrington has been substituted for Billips, which aint good for Lawson owners.

What has probably happened is that Harrington has been substituted for Billips, which aint good for Lawson owners.

That makes no sense whatsover. Im not even sure if the numbers would make sense if that was the case.

NJ would be letting Harris go but wont' be getting a premier PG in return? Who'll be left to run the NJ offense? Farmar?? I think the DEN brass know that Melo will never agree to joining a team that consists of Farmar, Rip, Humphries, Lopez and Harrington.

Archived