NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joique Bell 2010 Outlook

Spina

I, along with many Eagle Fans dont believe that Mike Bell is the answer with McCoy out this week and possibly longer. Bell is more of a goal line back who doesn't catch the ball, whereas the other Bell, Joique (pronounced like Choice but with a "J") is the 2009 D II Heisman Award winner and a fan favorite this past preseason in Buffalo (a lot of upset fans when Joique was signed off the practice squad by Philly), who also catches the ball out of the backfield in the mold of a McCoy/Westbrook Mold.

Just a hunch, but I can see Joique being the Bell to have if McCoy is out for extended time.

Take a look at some highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGNMt1ZzJ3Q

Any Philly Fans out there?

McCoy wont be out for more than two weeks....

That being said i DO know about Joique Bell....drafted him in one of my Dynasty leagues. I dont see him getting much work this year, unless ANOTHER McCoy injury occurs. This rib fracture sounds bad, but in reality its not...its more of apain management thing. I do believe Joique(damn i hate typing his name) will be the clear-cut handcuff to McCoy NEXT year though

he doesn't look very fast... getting caught by someone in almost all of the highlights.

Sure but sometimes numbers don't lie:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1662348 <-------CLICK to Read rest of his Analysis

Overview

Bell has rushed for 2,000-plus yards in each of the past two seasons. That's impressive at any level of football. For his 2,084-yard, 29-touchdown effort in 2009, he won the Harlon Hill Award Trophy as the best player in Division II.

Bell exploded onto the scene with 2,065 yards in his redshirt freshman year, earning the AFCA All-American status he also received in 2009. In between those historic bookend seasons, he managed mortal-like numbers (1,427 yards in 2007 and 1,152 in 2008), giving him 6,728 rushing yards and 89 touchdowns for his career in addition to 79 receptions for 918 yards and eight more scores. His total all-purpose yardage (8,055, which includes 409 return yards) and scoring total put him ninth and fifth in NCAA history in any division.

The four-time first-team All-Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference selection dominated at a lower level of competition and has some ball security issues. He also failed to put up a great 40 at the Combine (4.68). But his shuttle times were on par with quick back Jahvid Best in Indy, and scouts see a lot of good things in his game that any successful NFL back needs: strength, balance, effort and enough speed to hit holes quickly. Don't be surprised if his name is called relatively early on draft Saturday.

Pretty impressive stuff...not saying he turns into anything but those in deeper leagues with RB injuries should take a look. Hope he gets an opportunity.

I agree with you, Mike Bell is not the guy to own. I think Joique may get some touches, but no, barring a more serious injury to McCoy, this isn't his time. The guy to own for this weekend is Eldra Buckley.

I agree with you, Mike Bell is not the guy to own. I think Joique may get some touches, but no, barring a more serious injury to McCoy, this isn't his time. The guy to own for this weekend is Eldra Buckley.

I agree with this. Buckley will more than likely lead the team in touches on Sunday night. Mike Bell has looked horrible.

I do hope they dress J. Bell, though. If he gets a snap or two, hopefully he can impress... You only need opportunity to become relivant.

Archived