NBC Sports Edge Forums

the "new" TQStats

ssmarsh

One other question that I have that TQstats has yet to answer for me is in our league we use the pick list system to put bids in for free agents. I cannot find that feature in the new system. Is that feature going to be implemented with the FAAB? The only option that I see available at the moment is the first come, first serve. Does anyone know if the pick list works or not yet?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One other question that I have that TQstats has yet to answer for me is in our league we use the pick list system to put bids in for free agents. I cannot find that feature in the new system. Is that feature going to be implemented with the FAAB? The only option that I see available at the moment is the first come, first serve. Does anyone know if the pick list works or not yet?

Not familiar with that at all. The team in last place in our league gets first dibs on free agents and if they pass then the next worst team gets dibs and so on. All free agents have a default salary of ten bucks.

That is how our league works. How do teams put claims in for free agents? I see how we can put claims in for waivers, but not sure how teams put a claim in for free agent players.

Actually, we've always done that outside of TQS via e-mail. It has never been "automated" in any way. In our League, the Commish - yours truly - handles everything. I just check my e-mail Monday's at Noon to see who has put in dibs, look at the standings through yesterday, and assign the free agents according to current standings in various "rounds." We do waiver claims the same way.

We always had it automated. Teams would goto the transactions menu on the old system and put in bids for free agent players and at the end of the week, the system would then award the teams the players based on the standings at that time. Currently we don't have that option now even though it can be setup in the commissionor league setup page under league rules.

We always had it automated. Teams would goto the transactions menu on the old system and put in bids for free agent players and at the end of the week, the system would then award the teams the players based on the standings at that time. Currently we don't have that option now even though it can be setup in the commissionor league setup page under league rules.

Had no idea you could even do that! If indeed that's the way you were doing it, you absolutely cannot go back to the kludgy system that our league uses. I can't imagine they won't have that feature available again, and when they do, we're gonna use it!

Just got off the phone with TQS and learned something very disturbing...their "retroactivity" program may not be available until the end of April or early May. This is devastating news for my league since we haven't even drafted yet. When we draft this Saturday and I enter the rosters, teams will start accruing stats from that day. We're going to miss the whole first week! I was assured that once the "retroactivity" program is implemented, we'll be able to go back to the beginning and fix everything, but for the first month our standings will be pretty meaningless.

I was totally ready to hang in there with TQS since they seem to be on the verge of fixing their mess, but now I'm desperate to look further into other stat services to see if they can handle our needs.

Just got off the phone with TQS and learned something very disturbing...their "retroactivity" program may not be available until the end of April or early May. This is devastating news for my league since we haven't even drafted yet. When we draft this Saturday and I enter the rosters, teams will start accruing stats from that day. We're going to miss the whole first week! I was assured that once the "retroactivity" program is implemented, we'll be able to go back to the beginning and fix everything, but for the first month our standings will be pretty meaningless.

I was totally ready to hang in there with TQS since they seem to be on the verge of fixing their mess, but now I'm desperate to look further into other stat services to see if they can handle our needs.

Extremely agitated to hear that, ss, and share your outrage. As I noted previously, it was only kismet that our league did not draft on the first Saturday of the regular season. I also believe this is the rule rather than the exception, as true leagues require a player to be part of the 25-man roster. I take no pleasure in being right about that "roster lock" thing.

I tell ya, they are DEFINITELY gonna have to allow for stats to accrue from the first game, so I'd take them at their word that this will indeed be available before too long. It would SUCK to have stats so skewed for so long in our league, though, and I'd never hear the end of it.

But if you are indeed gonna switch from TQS, sounds like now would be the time. And like I also said, look no further than their own main page for lots of alternatives.

I am going to suggest to my other co-commissioners tonight that we switch to sportsline. They aren't perfect either, but without the custom features from tqstats, what's the difference?

Actually, I'll tell you what the difference is - in my sportsline leagues I can actually view standings and stats! Imagine that! I work in programming - it is going to take a long time to get all of the kinks out. They already have missed their first deadline. Why wait around to be dissapointed all season long? You can get your money back from TQStats until May 4th...

Extremely agitated to hear that, ss, and share your outrage. As I noted previously, it was only kismet that our league did not draft on the first Saturday of the regular season. I also believe this is the rule rather than the exception, as true leagues require a player to be part of the 25-man roster. I take no pleasure in being right about that "roster lock" thing.
Actually, it has nothing to do with the "roster lock" thing...that's a note up there for leagues with weekly roster changes and it means that each week, rosters for the upcoming stat week can't be changed after a designated time. The problem is that they current'y do not have the capability to make retroactive changes. For anyone. So, if you find out in week 3 that one of the changes you sent in for week 1 wasn't made, it can't be fixed. Yet.
I tell ya, they are DEFINITELY gonna have to allow for stats to accrue from the first game, so I'd take them at their word that this will indeed be available before too long. It would SUCK to have stats so skewed for so long in our league, though, and I'd never hear the end of it.

Short from switching services, all I can do is believe them when they tell me that it will be fixed. I'm sure we'll be discussing this at Saturday's draft.

Actually, it has nothing to do with the "roster lock" thing...

Thanks for the info. I guess I meant that because we had our draft earlier and therefore our rosters were in there on that date, then our league's stats will accrue from day one. Gonna suck not to be able to do retroactives. We're only human!

I think your league Commish has to do that himself. I know I've be able to assign active and bench positions to players via the "commish tools -> transactions -> set linups" menu.

I am the Commish....all players are divided bench/active..the roster salaries calculate ALL players not just active.

I see you lingering, secret, and have read your posts. For what it is worth, from one commish to another, I feel your pain. I'm taking my own flak as well, but we were such a luddite league who did lots of stuff manually such that as long as the stats start accruing and the standings kick in, we should be somewhat good to go.

Well, I entered my league info into the CBS free trial and now it's time to navigate around the site a little bit. I spoke to their customer service and was told that if we decide to ditch TQS and move over to CBS that they could probably swing us a discounted price (it's $150 otherwise vs $89 for TQS).

They appear able to handle our customized categories so now it's a matter of how easily the in-season moves can be made. What are people's experiences making transactions in CBS? Easy to figure out and do? Pain in the butt? I'd love to hear some thoughts before I take the plunge and switch over.

Just to sort of close the loop on this for anyone who might still be interested, our league has finally thrown in the towel with TQS and moved everything over to CBS Sportsline. I accomplished yesterday in three hours over on CBS what I could not do in two weeks at TQS.

After ten years, I wanted very much to give them the benefit of the doubt. But after having to delete and reload everything twice and having it still not work, having owners who cannot log in (they just keep on sending him the same password that doesn't work), the site being down for long periods, telephone calls and e-mails going unanswered, stats not being loaded until late in the day, etc., it was time for us to make the move.

I contacted All Star Stats about us moving there and they said they were "too busy" to setup a two-week trial for us, if you can believe it. But CBS was more than happy to take our money. Thanks for the heads-up on CBS, ssmarsh, by the way. Hope all is going well with you. And thanks Rotoworld for giving us a place to talk about this.

Have a great season one and all!

It's going very well at CBS. I'm still learning my way around their set-up, but I like it so far. We ended up paying $130 rather than the $150 since we switched over from another stat service. I've already requested a refund from TQS.

• 2 months later...

WOW. Just read this post. I thought it was just our league having problems. But i wanted to inform you guys that have stuck with TQStats. hoping for changes. We have been with them for over 10 years. I have complained every week at least once a week for the whole year. Finally i set a very long email complaining about the whole service and they said they would send it to management. Never heard from management in 2 weeks sent another email and they offered me 30% off for this season or full refund to take my league out. Since it is 2 1/2 months in we cant afford to move sites with all the transactions and other things. And not sure if there is a catch to the 30% refund (kind of scared to do it) i will give you an update if we decide to do it i am sending another email today to see if there is a catch.

I hate to beat a dead horse but i didnt realize that many people had/have a problem with them. Did anyone else stick with them. How is your experience this season.

The last problem i had was something simple, in our rules we can put a pitcher at utility and couldnt figure out how to do it. And the exact answer they gave me was

Thank you for contacting TQ Stats Customer Service. We apologize, but this feature will no longer be supported. If you have any further questions, please ask.

Thank you,

TQ Stats

kind of ridiculous. But i just wanted to pass that along and find out how everyones service if they left or are somewhere else is. I am looking for sites for next season. I checked out allstar stats and it looks great but i dont think i can get all my owners to pay 45 each for the site. It is a basic 5x5 NL only, roto, w/salary and contracts. Thanks.

Archived