NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trading Forte/Deangelo for a WR, which one should I target?

Roster & league format is in my signature below.

I need an upgrade at WR. The guy I want to trade with has Addai at RB1 and a bunch of stiffs at RB2 (Tolbert, Buckhalter/Maroney). At WR he's got Boldin, Fitzgerald, Welker, Bess & Mason.

I think Forte/Deangelo is a good combo for Boldin, but should I sweeten the deal by offering Brandon Tate as a throw-in?

Another squad has crappy RB2's and he has Reggie Wayne, Roddy White & Mike Wallace at WR, could try and deal with him too.

The tricky part about doing these deals is I'm asking the other guy to give up a money producer at WR, but I think offering 2 solid RB's to address their gaps there is pretty generous, too.

My favorites to target would be the W's. White, Welker, Wayne, Wallace, and Boldin too. Since your league is non PPR I would avoid Welker. Go after either White or Wayne. But if you want more for less, you could probably have Wallace (who will be great with Ben back in) for just one of your RBs.

Thanks for your help on mine!

Thanks for mine,

I would go after Wallace for forte OR deangelo (if you got depth at RB). non-ppr means you need big play threats, and wallace could be just as good for a lower price [hope his owner is an idiot]. You will have to pay top doller for White or Wayne, and might be able to get boldin for less. I think forte/deangelo alone for boldin is too much, let alone throwing in a potential GREAT add in a non-ppr league in Tate - Brady is still going to throw it deep and tate is MUCH better than branch .

Thanks guys. Wallace is a big-play threat, but he doesn't have more than three receptions in any game this year and is still the #2 WR next to Hines Ward. He had one big game and in all the rest hasn't gotten a TD or more than 62 yards.

Looking for a bigger difference-maker, although I could see trading Deangelo for Wallace straight-up if I don't land the bigger fish.

Thanks for the help! Hoping more people jump in since it feels like I've helped about 10 WHIR's and only a third of them have replied... that's how it goes sometimes, I guess.

The name just below White and Wayne is Boldin. If he stays healthy, I think he'll put up top 10 type numbers the rest of the way. You might be able to get him for just Williams given his lousy RBs. I would trade Forte for him, but not both TBs.

Thanks for the help on mine.

Thanks guys. Wallace is a big-play threat, but he doesn't have more than three receptions in any game this year and is still the #2 WR next to Hines Ward. He had one big game and in all the rest hasn't gotten a TD or more than 62 yards.

Looking for a bigger difference-maker, although I could see trading Deangelo for Wallace straight-up if I don't land the bigger fish.

Thanks for the help! Hoping more people jump in since it feels like I've helped about 10 WHIR's and only a third of them have replied... that's how it goes sometimes, I guess.

I think if you can get Wallace for Deangelo that is a nice trade for you. Wallace's numbers are going to go up, the steelers passing game is just about to get underway. I like Wallace a lot from here on out.

Forte/Williams for Boldin is way to much. Don't not give up that much for Boldin. R. White might be the only WR i would do that for. But go for Wallace!

Your guys' opinions of Forte/Deangelo are much higher than my league-mates'.

These two guys with crappy RB2's are so stubborn right now about making a deal, I honestly just don't get it. Each of them is 3-2, maybe if they lose a game or two they'll reconsider. Until then I'll keep throwing these options their way, but honestly I'm baffled as to why they'd rather roll with dudes like Maroney/Buckhalter or Hihgtower. This is a 10-team league, I seriously don't get why they're wanting to hang onto these crappy players as their starters.

Is Forte for Larry Fitzgerald an ok deal for me? Feels like I'd be overpaying for Fitz at this point due to his crappy QB situation, but he was considered elite heading into the year and their schedule doesn't look too bad.

i wouldnt get fitz especially for forte. Forte/tate couldn't land you boldin or white? Try to get a. johnson or nicks but the offer forte/deangelo is too much for wr in my opinion.

I'd try to go for just deangelo for Wallace and see if the owner bites. If not I'd target Wayne or White for Foster and Deangelo, I know it may be a little over priced but they are consistent points for whoever has them. Thanks for the help with mine.

This was my thought as well. Shoot a little lower with a one-for-one first. Then come up if necessary and try for Roddy. If you are going to offer up two starting RBs, it would be nice to get something a little more "sure" than Boldin, whose QB has looked really uninspiring so far.

Return the favor?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=200578

and if you could

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=200597

Archived