NBC Sports Edge Forums

Arron Afflalo 2010/2011

Ty Lawsome

I know it's just preseason, but the guy is averaging 21 ppg, 4 rpg, 2 apg, 1 spg, on 49% FG, 44% 3pt(3 per game), 83% FT, in 33 mpg.

He's already had the starting SG spot locked up, and with Melo likely out of the town...the increase in FG attempts could become a more permanent thing. Either way, he'll be a good source of threes...and was in the top 10 in the league percenatge wise last year, I believe.

A young Shane Battier/Raja Bell type of guy. Or possibly a poor man's Rip Hamilton, as well(the version from a couple years ago). Usually a place for these kind of guys in deeper leagues. Plus it's impossible not to love this guy...never seen a player more dedicated to the game than he is.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own Afflalo in a couple of very deep leagues and am hoping for double figure PPG and solid 3 point shooting. If Melo gets traded, then his stock would absolutely improve. The guy is definitely hard-nosed and and excellent defender, the type of player every team needs.

I own Afflalo in a couple of very deep leagues and am hoping for double figure PPG and solid 3 point shooting. If Melo gets traded, then his stock would absolutely improve. The guy is definitely hard-nosed and and excellent defender, the type of player every team needs.

He sure has made a case for starting on his preseason play. I am trying to decide if I should look at him with my last couple of picks in a 12 team league. His overall productivity last year compared to what he has done this preseason is night and day. He got 27 minutes of playing time per game last year. I hope what we see in preseason holds up during the regular season.

He sure has made a case for starting on his preseason play. I am trying to decide if I should look at him with my last couple of picks in a 12 team league. His overall productivity last year compared to what he has done this preseason is night and day. He got 27 minutes of playing time per game last year. I hope what we see in preseason holds up during the regular season.

I took him with a late pick. I expect 15 points, 1.5 threes on nice %'s. If he can get me a steal per game, he'll be a nice pickup.

I took him with a late pick. I expect 15 points, 1.5 threes on nice %'s. If he can get me a steal per game, he'll be a nice pickup.

I really do hope Afflalo could put up these kind of numbers; he plays the game the right way; however, i'm weary about making the add. Melo is going to get his near 40 mpg, meaning JR Smith is going to take a lot of those minutes. If Melo were to be traded then i'd definitely be more apt to add.

I really do hope Afflalo could put up these kind of numbers; he plays the game the right way; however, i'm weary about making the add. Melo is going to get his near 40 mpg, meaning JR Smith is going to take a lot of those minutes. If Melo were to be traded then i'd definitely be more apt to add.

By that time it would be too late...if your leagues really that competitive...

still kinda worried because we havent seen how he plays with harrington. i'm sure al will take a lot of his shots. add that to the fact that he isn't very versatile (pts, 3s, %s only), and I think he's a guy you can hold out on adding. even if he blows up, it wont be something you regret that much later. If melo is traded, I feel like j.r. smith will benefit the most honestly.

maybe my perception of him is skewed...he's just so...boring. i can't see him putting up big scoring numbers in the regular season. maybe he'll prove me wrong.

^ These kind of questions are reserved for the Assistant Coach Forums but since we're here I'm gonna say Daye since he's been just christened as a starting PF while playing at a high level with the other guns being involved...

affalo is going LATE but Daye is going LATE or UNDRAFTED.

Daye all day long!

Why not take both? My draft is tomorrow and they added a few bench spots so now we have 5. I plan on grabbing both of them and seeing which one pans out, if not both. Right now I think Daye is the better pick but Affalo is making a name for himself. I've only been following basketball for about a week though so take my advice with a grain of salt lol

Archived