NBC Sports Edge Forums

Arron Afflalo 2010/2011

Ty Lawsome

Just dropped Sessions for him... This might be a fluke game but it looks like he's proven he can still be a scoring punch on a team that already involves Melo, Billups and Nene as its primary guns... Add in the fact that he's played well without Melo, I think the Nuggets could be ready to make some moves that would free up Arron as the primary scorer...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hidden
I'd watch a few more games before adding him. But definitely drop Randolph before Gordon.

I would imagine hes not going to be available after a few more games. Coach praised him said he wanted him more involved in the offense, hes playing 30+ minutes im not sure id take the chance of waiting a couple more games to add him.

If you leave him past tonight in a competitive league, he'll be gone by tommorow. I picked him up in the second quarter.

This pretty much shows that preseason/the coach's comments werent a fluke. He looks like another kevin martin.

If you leave him past tonight in a competitive league, he'll be gone by tommorow. I picked him up in the second quarter.

This pretty much shows that preseason/the coach's comments werent a fluke. He looks like another kevin martin.

I wouldn't call it a competitive league if Afflalo wasn't drafted...

Crap, I just realized when i picked him up, I now have Billups, JR Smith, and now Affalo. Lol... i can use this kid as a trade token if anything.

I drafted JR in a couple leagues and made sure to draft Afflalo as well. He and JR are polar opposites. Afflalo is steady with a high b-ball IQ, JR is explosive with no b-ball IQ. If/when Melo gets traded, I think Afflalo could average 15-18 per night.

yeah, cuz a guy that has averaged 6 ppg in his career should be universally drafted right?

...are you done? B)

We'll agree to disagree.

Go pick him up if you need 3s and points and he is a solid defender also. Could be in for a big year if Melo is gone.

I know it's just preseason, but the guy is averaging 21 ppg, 4 rpg, 2 apg, 1 spg, on 49% FG, 44% 3pt(3 per game), 83% FT, in 33 mpg.

He's already had the starting SG spot locked up, and with Melo likely out of the town...the increase in FG attempts could become a more permanent thing. Either way, he'll be a good source of threes...and was in the top 10 in the league percenatge wise last year, I believe.

A young Shane Battier/Raja Bell type of guy. Or possibly a poor man's Rip Hamilton, as well(the version from a couple years ago). Usually a place for these kind of guys in deeper leagues. Plus it's impossible not to love this guy...never seen a player more dedicated to the game than he is.

He had a great first game and it looks like George Karl is going to give him chances to score by running plays for him specifically.

the guy who said leagues who didn't draft afflalo are not competitive must have his head deep up his bootyhole...............

afflalo is only 20% owned and didn't put up fantasy worthy stats last season...if he puts up fantasy worthy stats this season, it'll be a breakout year, but no one can see that coming until they see him playing in the regular season, and last night was the first game....step your game up before you make bold claims that make u sound ignorant.

Archived