NBC Sports Edge Forums

Arron Afflalo 2010/2011

Ty Lawsome

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn I want to get on the gravy train for this kid, I just have a hard time dropping potential guys like reggie, daye, or splitter after just 1 game into the season.

We all fall in love with potential but you gotta give yourself a reality check man. How many minutes would you want your sleepers to get? 34? 38? Affalo is already getting that! Of course, if you are in a roto league or weekly lineup h2h then you can afford to stash guys with higher potential. But I suggest taking guys who are already getting playing time at this time of the season. You can reacquire those aforementioned players later on when they actually get court time.

Looked great in game 1, games 2 and 3 didn't impress me, he is still getting the minutes... Are people still high on this guy?

He's still getting the minutes and coach Karl is in love with his game right now... He's still producing but we all know we can't expect 20ppg from him in a team that features Melo, Nene and Billups as its primary guns... BUT it already looks like he's rendered JR Smith (his biggest obstacle for minutes) useless so thats one less thing to worry about... If you have someone hot on the FA list and you'd like to dump Afflalo for him, be my guest... As for me, the kid is basically sniffing at fantasy breakout season...

I would normally be ready to unload him. minutes or not....but with that whole Carmelo deal up in the air...does he get traded or doesn't he??? because if Carmelo gets traded, Afflalo's stats would spike BIG TIME.

that is why I am hanging on to him...

He has mediocre stats and an occasional big game, which I believe will turn into a daily big game once Carmelo leaves...especially if they bring back a PF in return to replace the oft-injured Kenyon martin

Pretty good game all around I'd say today...

I liked what I saw.

But the thing was, Carmelo didn't have it going and JR Smith wasn't doing much either. Denver needed someone to score. When Nene comes back Afflalo is probably option #4 with 10 shots or so a game. I don't think this party is going to last all season.

The quality of posts is quickly deteriorating in these threads. Not to sound crass, but I really dont care about anything related to people's leagues. Questions related to Possible actions/moves to be taken in individual leagues should go to the asst bench coach forums. These forums are predicated on insight and analysis which should be contributed by all members. These days the base player forums are being overrun with little to no general player analysis and overwhelmingly with posters asking for league advice. As such, the forums are becoming more cluttered and less valuable.

it's a lot less annoying than someone running around and back seat modding

I am not surprised at how Afflalo is performing currently. You are talking about one of the hardest working players in the NBA (George Karl agrees) with a great attitude and a refined skill set. His role in previous years has been as a defensive stopper so his numbers may have been a little boring fantasy-wise, but over the past summer, he's been working day and night on his game. The coaches have been saying that he is a criminally underrated 3-pt shooter and we can see that he's been shooting well so it isn't a surprise to see him putting up better numbers. He is supposed to have a larger role in the offense this season and I only expect the numbers to increase when Melo leaves, which is a certainty.

When I draft players, I like to look at players with great work ethics that will constantly practice and refine their skills. I have a lot of confidence in Afflalo to keep up these numbers because he is one of those.

it's a lot less annoying than someone running around and back seat modding

That's an asinine statement if there ever was one. When you've contributed as much as some of these guys in the forum, then you can talk. Unbelievable.

Sorry, back on topic. I disagree that Afflalo is going to be as low as the 4th scoring option on this team. He's arguably the 2nd/3rd right now, and I don't necessarily think the return of some bigs is going to slow him down much. He'll be anywhere between 10-20 on any given night, but those threes (and some of his periphs) are invaluable in a UTIL spot.

And if you want to take injury history and a possible trade into account, he could be the last man standing in Denver at the end of the season.

Another nice stat line last night...

16/5/5, 2 stl, 1 three, 7-7 ft

He's not a guy you look at as a good rebounder, high assist man, or someone to get you a lot of steals...but because of his hustle and effort, he'll almost always give you some decent numbers in those other cats, on any given night. And that's on top of that consistent threes, 10-20 points, and good percentages. He's like the 07-08 version of Richard Hamilton right now.

He's my favorite player in the league. The kind of guy you love to root for.

Archived