NBC Sports Edge Forums

Arron Afflalo 2010/2011

Ty Lawsome

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I turned on my PC today, checked out the Yahoo sports page and the update was like "2870 people have dropped Arron Afflalo"... Same thing happened to Dorell Wright... People just need to relax... Everyone's going to get an off night at some point...

That's an asinine statement if there ever was one. When you've contributed as much as some of these guys in the forum, then you can talk. Unbelievable.

So they should know better. On a lot of boards, back seat modding is frowned upon or against the rules. Let the mods do their jobs. If you want to be a mod, make your own forums or at least be polite.

not sure, he got 19mins to JR's 33 for some strange reason. i don't really expect him to be consistent unless melo gets traded

I wouldnt be too worried about JR smith taking some run from affalo , especially after this:

The Nuggets have only played five games but coach George Karl is already frustrated with shooting guard J.R. Smith.

If you're surprised, you haven't been paying attention to Smith's career in Denver. "It's always the same thing," Karl said. "[On Wednesday] I thought J.R. was giving us too many bad basketball plays and not as many good basketball plays." So far he's averaging a meager 7.8 points on 31% shooting.

but then again, I've went up against JR smith many times during fbb playoffs. =[

I wouldnt be too worried about JR smith taking some run from affalo , especially after this:

The Nuggets have only played five games but coach George Karl is already frustrated with shooting guard J.R. Smith.

If you're surprised, you haven't been paying attention to Smith's career in Denver. "It's always the same thing," Karl said. "[On Wednesday] I thought J.R. was giving us too many bad basketball plays and not as many good basketball plays." So far he's averaging a meager 7.8 points on 31% shooting.

but then again, I've went up against JR smith many times during fbb playoffs. =[

Wasn't that quote fired out before JR Smith had that game which relegated Arron to the bench?

Regardless, I don't expect JR Smith to be useless this season in fantasy hoops but I still fully expect Arron the be the better player in the end...

I would seriously wait and see with Afflalo. I am one of the quickest guys to drop people for having a poor game or two. Afflalo has a few things going for him that doesn't read into the stats...or your typical drop quickly gut reaction I typically feed into....

1. George Karl is an emotional coach who rewards hard effort=more playing time in MOST games for Afflalo than JR

2. He has really shown what he is capable of in pre-season when given consistent minutes. Of which, he has shown some flashes of this in a few games this year. I think he only had this one recent world class dud.

3. Afflalo is only #3 or even #4 on the scoring priority "ball in hands" invisible chart for Denver of the 5 regular starters. I think he moves up significantly once a trade occurs, which seems to be inevitable without an extension even being talked about anymore. I doubt Denver will get similar value back in a trade for an expiring contract, but at least they could get something...maybe a healthy big.

4. You do NOT want to be the guy who drops him and then Melo gets traded and he explodes into a melo jr. Not saying it will happen for sure, but the upside very likely could be there...

5. This is the 3rd week of the season. Afflalo will be inconsistent RIGHT NOW, being down on the scoring pecking order, as will many other WW options....HOWEVER, if you drop him and Melo gets traded before the deadline, you have wasted a VERY good chance at having a sleeper stud for the playoffs....If you put him on the free market, I bet somebody grabs him quickly and waits for the trade to happen, then possibly plays him AGAINST YOU in the playoffs while you nibble on a full plate of crow....

Afflalo's minutes against Dallas was a matchup strategy.

Marion and Kidd have done a good job on defensively on Carmelo and Billups in the last few games. So Denver decided to have those guys take a lot of 3pt shots and try to get Jason Terry one on one with Ty Lawson or JR Smith.

Those two absolutely lit JET up. I guess Afflalo isn't a great isolation player.

Is it just me or does afflalo not get enough touches on offense? I feel like he barley ever gets it kicked out to him.

Billups isn't a high-level PG anymore, he doesn't set guys up well at all. Afflalo would benefit from playing with a more efficient passer than Billups.

Billups isn't a high-level PG anymore, he doesn't set guys up well at all. Afflalo would benefit from playing with a more efficient passer than Billups.

Like Lawson...

I have a feeling the Nugs blow up this team during the middle of the year.

Lawson and Affalo are the future building blocks of this team..along with whoever they get for Melo...I think it's gong to be Favors.

Like Lawson...

I have a feeling the Nugs blow up this team during the middle of the year.

Lawson and Affalo are the future building blocks of this team..along with whoever they get for Melo...I think it's gong to be Favors.

Are you serious ?

Afflalo ceiling is Raja Bell, not exactly the cornerstone of your franchise

I think AA has slightly more upside than Bell, but generally thats a good comparison.

Are you serious ?

Afflalo ceiling is Raja Bell, not exactly the cornerstone of your franchise

A guy like Afflalo is still an essential piece to any championship team, and therefore a building block. They can't all be selfish talented players who want to take all the shots(like a JR Smith, for instance).

I still think Afflalo's ceiling is more along the lines of Richard Hamilton. Though a Raja Bell/Shane Battier type of guy is the most likely scenario for his career.

Someone who bases their opinion on a player from watching one game out of the few hundred they've played in their career, is well...no need to even say it.

Afflalo completely shut Kobe down tonight though...so that's one thing they have in common, just looking at this one game. Making Kobe look like s---.

Someone who bases their opinion on a player from watching one game out of the few hundred they've played in their career, is well...no need to even say it.

Afflalo completely shut Kobe down tonight though...so that's one thing they have in common, just looking at this one game. Making Kobe look like s---.

Yea, we realize you love afflalo but when he scores 5 points he is pretty tough to roster. And sure maybe in a way he shutdown Kobe, but Kobe still got his, the Nuggets just made a run in the 4th and won the game, nothing can be done about that. Unless Alllalo is producing defensive stats when he "shuts down Kobe" which he didnt tonight that means nothing to us fantasy owners....Which makes him tough to roster when he puts up games like this.

I realize this is a fantasy forum, but these threads aren't always purely based on numbers. It's about the players themselves, which for some crazy reason, actually involves what they do on the court. Maybe Afflalo's defense doesn't provide you as an owner with a high number of steals or blocks...but it does, however, keep his "scrub a**" on the court 30+ minutes a night. And that's also important.

Tonight, Kobe shot 11-31 for 34 points. When AA was resting, Kobe shot 5-7 for 14 points, which means when AA was in the game, Kobe shot 6-25 for 20 points. Afflalo is such a scrub.

And who knows, maybe for some other crazy reason, all the work AA did shutting down Kobe might have taken something out of him, resulting in a less impressive performance on the offensive end. Nah...that's too logical.

Archived