NBC Sports Edge Forums

Arron Afflalo 2010/2011

Ty Lawsome

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally disagree about dropping him unless theres a real gem on the waiver wire. When he isnt on his game, he still contributes in a variety of categories.

However with someone like Anderson coming back, Afflalo is the worst guy on my roster, and for that potential I would drop him. Then again I desperately need an uptick in blocks, but am still very happy with getting afflalo in the second to last round of a 10 team, 16 man league.

Anyone still holding on to this guy? I feel like i should just dump him and wait till there is some actual evidence that melo will get traded and then pick him back up.

Dumped him last night for one Wesley Mathews. WOOT!

I'm still holding him. He's decent and serviceable despite his inconsistency (good offensive stats on one game, good peripheral stats on the next). There's also no one with fantasy value on my waiver wire.

The scoring distribution on the Nuggets' roster is always going to remain pretty balanced, because they have so many good ones. Melo will always get his...but then you have Billups, Nene, Harrington, Afflalo, Lawson, and Smith who are all capable scorers. No guy is ever going to be the clear "second fiddle"....or even the third or fourth. It will change every game.

Even if Melo gets moved, it probably wont change a ton for Afflalo, because of that same reason. His minutes, other stats, and defense will always be there...but the scoring will always be somewhat sporadic, as it is for the whole team.

The guy you really want to look at if Melo gets traded, probably in slightly deeper leagues, is Gary Forbes. He'll almost certainly receive the minutes increase over JR, and would likely become the starting small forward and play 25+ mpg, consistently(again, depending on who comes back). Love that guy...gives you a little bit of everything. Scoring, rebounding, steals, and is 2nd in the league in three point percentage right now.

I really don't understand why people have been pulling the plug on him... He is quiet contribution to steals, 3s, %s and a few blocks (although the blocks haven't been coming lately)...

i went back and picked up afflalo in all of my leagues...heard last night from a person with ties to the organization that a big trade could be going down today...told me to keep my fingers crossed...wouldnt go into who or what but im assuming obviously its carmelo...not telling you to believe me, or to rush out now and pick up afflalo but regardless it sounds like the nuggets are actively working to make a trade to get rid of carmelo...i cant see them bringing in more talent to go beside carmelo since he did not sign a extension....so maybe we will see something happen today

Anyone have any insight/opinions on Afflalo's longer-term upside for dynasty/keeper leagues?

In my opinion, Afflalo's longer-term upside is Raja Bell.

At the end of the game last night, Afflalo grabbed the offensive rebound with about 4 seconds left and down by 3. He dribbled out to the three point line to try to tie the game. Meanwhile 3 Trailblazers were all over him. He got a crazy shot off (and was fouled) but no call and the shot missed badly.

On the postgame show, I thought Barkley was going to have a coniption. "What are you doing Arron Afflalo? If three guys are guarding you, that means two of your guys are open!'. It was pretty funny.

I really don't understand why people have been pulling the plug on him... He is quiet contribution to steals, 3s, %s and a few blocks (although the blocks haven't been coming lately)...

I consistent numbers. Probably gold in roto formats though.

• 2 weeks later...

How are people feeling now about Afflalo these days? He doesn't seem to be doing much then logging consistent minutes and scoring with good %.

But Smith has been doing slightly more recently on limited minutes and appears to be rounding into form.

We're starting to see why Smith was drafted in many leagues. But an unfortunate turn of events Afflalo became a hot pickup.

Is it time to make a switch? are people making the move?

I took him in the second to last round and have had him ever since. The guy will not hurt you anywhere and has the ability to contribute everywhere too. If for some reason you are in a shallow league or one that isnt competitive and there is an amazing pick up, then yes drop the guy.

However he gets me a three and a steal a game, great percentages, and will give me some boards and dimes too. I really cant complain about that and am happy to have a player of this caliber as the "worst" player on my roster.

How are people feeling now about Afflalo these days? He doesn't seem to be doing much then logging consistent minutes and scoring with good %.

But Smith has been doing slightly more recently on limited minutes and appears to be rounding into form.

We're starting to see why Smith was drafted in many leagues. But an unfortunate turn of events Afflalo became a hot pickup.

Is it time to make a switch? are people making the move?

And do we really belive that J.R. is out of Karl's doghouse for good? I think everyone has seen this before - he has a bunch of great games and then does something to piss off Karl and goes back to being ineffective. Afflalo, though not flashy, certainly is getting his minutes and I'm happy with his production (he was my second-to-last pick, too). Smith is taken in our league, but even if he were available I don't think I'd make the drop because of overall consistency.

• 1 month later...

I think he is one of the biggest benefactors in this deal.

The Nuggets' two top scorers will be gone, including two guys who eat up nearly 70 minutes in the rotation. Not that Afflalo is short on minutes, but he'll definitely be relied on A LOT more heavily to create offense.

Afflalo, Lawson, and Nene will all see big increases in their scoring, in all likelihood.

I think he is one of the biggest benefactors in this deal.

The Nuggets' two top scorers will be gone, including two guys who eat up nearly 70 minutes in the rotation. Not that Afflalo is short on minutes, but he'll definitely be relied on A LOT more heavily to create offense.

Afflalo, Lawson, and Nene will all see big increases in their scoring, in all likelihood.

You are leaving out Devin Harris though.....they aren't just going to bench him.... honestly I dont see this trade helping anyone out...

i dropped afflalo for brooks.....i've enjoyed owning afflalo all season long (aside from the donut games sprinkled here and there), but i really hope i dont end up regretting dropping him once the trade goes through. i have a feeling theres a chance i will.

Archived