NBC Sports Edge Forums

Arron Afflalo 2010/2011

Ty Lawsome

The main reason I picked up afflalo early on in the season was for this particular moment of melo vacating denver. What do you guys think is going to happen to arron now ? Will he be putting up more shots? Or will Gallo pick up the load?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The main reason I picked up afflalo early on in the season was for this particular moment of melo vacating denver. What do you guys think is going to happen to arron now ? Will he be putting up more shots? Or will Gallo pick up the load?

Pray for a trade, way to many wings now.

Gallo, or Wilson, or JR, or Felton, or Lawson, or etc... B)

Its still too early to tell. I'm expecting more trade activity in the coming days.

Just HOLD for now!

• 2 weeks later...

Ah nevermind Rotoworld just posted this

Arron Afflalo suffered a strained hamstring in the first half of Saturday's game and will not return.

We were down on him anyway, and this further solidifies our take on him. Wilson Chandler and J.R. Smith will benefit most from the injury, at least until Danilo Gallinari returns from his broken toe. Afflalo should be conisidered day-to-day for now.

He's never really been that kind of defensive player. Generally the guys who get a lot of steals are guys who gamble a lot, and aren't really that good of defenders in reality. Afflalo plays more fundamentally sound defense, moves his feet, and doesn't gamble. He's the kind of player that brings much more to floor that doesn't show up in stat sheets.

He's never really been that kind of defensive player. Generally the guys who get a lot of steals are guys who gamble a lot, and aren't really that good of defenders in reality. Afflalo plays more fundamentally sound defense, moves his feet, and doesn't gamble. He's the kind of player that brings much more to floor that doesn't show up in stat sheets.

Afflalo barely got any steals back at UCLA, don't know why anyone would expect many of them from him now. If you're rostering Afflalo, you're doing it for his percentages, 3s, and lack of TOs.

He doesn't play good d, he plays great d. The best way to describe him is he is the ultimate super solid role player. He was great at UCLA but doesn't get steals since he doesn't really need to gamble.

yeah, afflalo will never be a star fantasy player, but it's not indicative of his play out there. and yeah, he plays great man on defense, so he's not looking to sneak between passes, but staying in front of his man. the only real value u should bank on from him is quality efficiency and threes.

also i dont know why rotoworld has been constantly down on afflalo, he's still getting steady minutes, and he's being featured plenty on offense. if anything, he's become denver's go to guy in the clutch with melo's departure. if anything, before the trade he was probably prone to more offensive clunkers since at times the team just didn't need him to shoot, but with the new equal opportunity nuggets, afflalo should probably hit double figures more consistently than he had before melo was dealt.

hope he's alright, he's a great piece on this denver team.

Chris Dempsey

Nugs coach George Karl says team will likely be w/o Arron Afflalo (hamstring) in addition to Gallinari for the next two games.

Expect either Gary Forbes or J.R. Smith to start in Afflalo's place.

Arron Afflalo (hamstring) will return to action for Wednesday's game against the Hawks.

Afflalo will almost certainly start, sending Gary Forbes back to the bench and squeezing J.R. Smith's minutes. In the 10 games prior to getting hurt, Afflalo was averaging 12.1 points and 1.3 treys a night in 32.2 minutes per night. It's a reasonable expectation going forward.

Time to pick him up?

i dropped afflalo for brooks.....i've enjoyed owning afflalo all season long (aside from the donut games sprinkled here and there), but i really hope i dont end up regretting dropping him once the trade goes through. i have a feeling theres a chance i will.

Even though Afflalo has been injured recently, aside from 1-2 game Brooks has been hot garbage since you picked him up lmao. I bet you regret this decision.

Hidden
Even though Afflalo has been injured recently, aside from 1-2 game Brooks has been hot garbage since you picked him up lmao. I bet you regret this decision.

nice try riding my nuts, dumb guy.

since i dropped afflalo... greg monroe, kyle lowry, marcin gortat, channing frye, john salmons, chuck hayes, vince carter, james harden, ty lawson, tyler hansbrough, jj hickson have all been available. AND Afflalo was dropped...TWICE.

but i guess that doesn't make u feel as good, now, does it? lmao

1 pt and 1 reb? Dude get hurt again?

Yup reinjured hammy. He is a drop at this point in the game. Well maybe not according to RW its not as bad as it previously was. But after last games clunker he put up id rather stream his spot of find an alternative player

Archived