NBC Sports Edge Forums

Add Gettis?

Bandito

Thinking it's time to IR Alexander. I'd cut him, but he qualifies as an "extra" keeper (if I don't find someone else). And by the time Alexander is able to play again this season, I'll have VJax back anyway, so I don't really need him the rest of this year.

Take a flier on Gettis? I'm digging the size and speed (similar to AJ). Not really digging the QBs, though. He, too, would qualify for that extra spot if he ends up looking like something. I'd add a RB, but Betts is the best available. Ugh.

Leave a link!

Danario and Gettis are a bit similar in terms of size and build, not much difference physically. Both big targets.

I'd go for Gettis, he gets single coverage and Matt Moore seems to like him if that game against the 9ers was anything to go by.

Thinking it's time to IR Alexander. I'd cut him, but he qualifies as an "extra" keeper (if I don't find someone else). And by the time Alexander is able to play again this season, I'll have VJax back anyway, so I don't really need him the rest of this year.

Take a flier on Gettis? I'm digging the size and speed (similar to AJ). Not really digging the QBs, though. He, too, would qualify for that extra spot if he ends up looking like something. I'd add a RB, but Betts is the best available. Ugh.

Leave a link!

Well I think that depends on whether or not you have waivers. Hes only had one good game, and it was a nice one. WR's do that on and off all year....noone has really mentioned Shipley and he had a great game. Anyways, if I were you I would hold off...have him dialed up on game day and keep close tabs on the guy. Alexander looked pretty good, but for some reason the Rams cannot keep their WRs health what so ever.

Yes on waivers. I can grab him between now and gametime, then waivers kick in through Tuesday night.

I hate waivers.....that makes it harder. Steve Johnson spent a few weeks before finally getting scooped up. I dont know, I just think that WR's come and go so darn much, is he a flavor of the week, or is he for real? I havent seen the game, or highlights which makes me even more skeptical. But....if there is nothing else go for it. I sriously doubt anyone scoops up Alexander until he is back in the lineup, unless there is a Rams fan:)

The good thing is that I don't have to let Alexander go right now. I actually have two IR slots -- one with Finley and one with Clayton. I can just drop Clayton and move Alexander into that slot. Alexander can sit there until such a time that one of my big time players would need that spot (fingers crossed).

The way we have things set up, my likely keepers for next year would be Rodgers, CJ, MJD, Charles, Finley and one of Jennings or Fitz. Then we have two spots for players with 2 yrs of experience or less. One of those I'll use for Wallace. The other looks like it would be the better of Alexander/Gettis -- unless something better comes along.

Archived