NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trade Camby for Ibaka + Ty Thomas?

Rondo

Roto 9 cat, team's in the sig- I direly need a boost in FG% that Ibaka will provide, as I am tied for last in that category. I have 72 more rebounds than 2nd place in the category, and figure I can steal a few. My logic is that Camby for Ibaka is close to a wash plus I get to stash Ty Thomas, who becomes very useful if he gets an uptick in minutes...I'm just concerned that Ibaka sees less time on the court when Green returns.

I'd probably cut Toney Douglas, who really hasn't helped me at all.

Roto 9 cat, team's in the sig- I direly need a boost in FG% that Ibaka will provide, as I am tied for last in that category. I have 72 more rebounds than 2nd place in the category, and figure I can steal a few. My logic is that Camby for Ibaka is close to a wash plus I get to stash Ty Thomas, who becomes very useful if he gets an uptick in minutes...I'm just concerned that Ibaka sees less time on the court when Green returns.

I'd probably cut Toney Douglas, who really hasn't helped me at all.

Hmmm, this is close. It all comes down to playing time. Ibaka will be back to the bench when Green returns, while Camby will get tons of mins in Portland.

I'm stuck here with a decision..........I would maybe keep Camby

I personally like this trade. Ibaka = Camby....and if picking up Tyrus Thomas strengthens the categories you are already in then its even more of a positive. Jeff Green shouldn''t have too much of an impact when he comes back imo and note that Camby himself is a injury risk so I would do this trade

I would wait and see how Ibaka does with Green back, maybe 1 or 2 games before I did anything. Same with TT. Last few games TT saw increased minutes due to some of the starters being in foul trouble. You should be in no rush to push this trade, see a few games, if things look good go for it. If Ibaka or TT's numbers drop re-evaluate your trade and go from there.

I think you could still get this done if Ibaka holds his value after Green returns so I'd wait. Also, its a 2 for 1 trade so the person giving up 2 has to overpay by a wide margin. Also, while I'm a fan of Thomas this year, his role and minutes don't seem any more solid than Douglas.

You might very well be dropping the guy of higher value.

I would do it....Camby's age doesn't really allow him to average any more minutes than he is already averaging.

Even when Green comes back, Ibaka would still get AT LEAST 20 mins/game, which is good for equal number of blocks....and since you don't need the rebounds, Ibaka not only gives you the fg% you mentioned, but also very good ft% for a big man. Also, Oklahoma has a better playoff schedule.

The hard part is that Green will take a small bite out of Ibaka's mins. But Pryzbilla is coming back for Portland and will take some of Camby's mins too. The Blazers don't want to play Camby as much as they do. It's only out of necessity.

Pryzbilla is supposedly coming back Friday. I say make this deal before the other owner sees Camby's mins decline.

the vanilla gorilla is coming off a pretty serious injury(s). it's unlikely he's going to be effective & consistent. he's going to be eased back into the rotation. camby will retain his value....

i can't fault you for whichever route you go. both trades have it's positives/negatives. thomas added to the deal is nice but for me- he's too much of a headache to own. at least you know that Douglas is playing through an injury while Thomas has been inconsistent his entire career

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=208893

Archived