NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Roy Strategy

fenderbender

What are you guys expecting from Roy when he returns?

Just curious as to what people might think ...

Roy can play 29 min or 3 min on any given day. I don't think Roy owners can EXPECT anything at this point. Roy owners are just HOPING he can play enough to get better then 25% on a trade return for Roy. Which is probably his value right now ... 1/4th of what he was when you drafted him.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

been trying to package him with a few guys for 1 player but nobody wanted to bite because he was injured. That game last night was huge- I was able to flip Roy and Blatche for Rose (not Malik!).

Last i heard they said that they are thinking about not playing Roy on back to back games. Has anyone heard if that's official?

Yep. Funny you should mention that because RW just published a blurb about that. He's questionable to play back to backs going forward. And no meniscus in both knees means this situation will not get better. Im gonna cut my losses and accept an offer of Felton for him.

Yep. Funny you should mention that because RW just published a blurb about that. He's questionable to play back to backs going forward. And no meniscus in both knees means this situation will not get better. Im gonna cut my losses and accept an offer of Felton for him.

cut your loses? I don't see it as much as loss even if Roy was healthy.

Yea NOW we all know that. Rewind back to draft day during the preseason - Roy was picked a lot higher than Felton.

Well word wasn't out about just how bad Roy's knees were too..if it was, Roy would have been drafted much much later..no cartilage?? No one knew that on draft day! Where Roy was drafted is completely irrelevant at this point....Im actually shocked someone was willing to give you Felton for Roy at this point..must be a big time Trailblazer fan? Or Washington Huskie alumn? Who would do this trade right now??

I think the strategy right now is to pack him with another player and try to buy-low.

i offered in my league Roy+Augustin for Joe Johnson yesterday.

this way i play it safe and the other owner can risk a bit, because if roy can´t play at least he got Augustin, and JJ is playing like s--- anyway.

That is exactly my mentality when trying to dump any unwanted player. Its not like trading with the computer in console sports games where you can package scrubs for a star, grab a hot FA, rinse and repeat.

So you take Roy and package him with an overachiever, determine what cats/positions those two players anchor you in, and throw out tons of offers. Distract the other owner with a second player of quality. Dont let Roy sink your ship. And dont let the idea of him eeking out the season with value prevent you from unloading him asap. Think of it as a great opp. to tweak your cat/position needs, and grab a hot FA who may have a stacked schedule for the playoffs.

I was able to package Roy/Kirilenko/Okafor for B.Lopez/Calderon in 16-team keeper league, and pickup Thompson just as he was named the new starter. It can be done!

That is exactly my mentality when trying to dump any unwanted player. Its not like trading with the computer in console sports games where you can package scrubs for a star, grab a hot FA, rinse and repeat.

So you take Roy and package him with an overachiever, determine what cats/positions those two players anchor you in, and throw out tons of offers. Distract the other owner with a second player of quality. Dont let Roy sink your ship. And dont let the idea of him eeking out the season with value prevent you from unloading him asap. Think of it as a great opp. to tweak your cat/position needs, and grab a hot FA who may have a stacked schedule for the playoffs.

I was able to package Roy/Kirilenko/Okafor for B.Lopez/Calderon in 16-team keeper league, and pickup Thompson just as he was named the new starter. It can be done!

trade of the year..good job

I think if you can grab guys who are safer and a good fit to your team's chemistry...

I probably sent out 25 offers including Roy, most in package deals and finally got a counter-offer that I took. I had to give up Danny Granger (ouch) but ended up with Wade and Gay. So far Gay is essentially Granger with a switch in percentages (better FG, worse FT),more boards for less assists, and less treys and I am strong in that dept anyhow so I basically got Wade for Roy right before Wade let loose an almost triple-dub (22,9,9,3 stl). Somebody doesn't check BBM and the like B) I needed another PG eligible player too.

Keep trying (within the realm of reasonable offers)! Sometimes you get a bite!

Does this mean they are looking to shut Roy down?

The Trail Blazers inquired with the Hawks about the availability of guard Jamal Crawford, reports the Oregonian.

The paper cited a Portland player and another source within the organization.

Trail Blazers general manager Rich Cho wasn't successful in talks as the Hawks declined to discuss Crawford.

who would they trade to get Crawford, i wonder.

if they did get Crawford, they could shut Roy down with a little more confidence.

plus, Crawford and Roy know each other since they're both Seattle boys.

and ofcourse Nate McMillan is a SuperSonic legend.

it could be a good fit.

i also read a blurb last night that quoted Roy as saying once again how he doesn't like playing with Andre Miller because he slows things down. Roy wants to be surrounded by shooters so he can have an easier time getting to the hole.

who would they trade to get Crawford, i wonder.

if they did get Crawford, they could shut Roy down with a little more confidence.

plus, Crawford and Roy know each other since they're both Seattle boys.

and ofcourse Nate McMillan is a SuperSonic legend.

it could be a good fit.

i also read a blurb last night that quoted Roy as saying once again how he doesn't like playing with Andre Miller because he slows things down. Roy wants to be surrounded by shooters so he can have an easier time getting to the hole.

Even if you surrounded Roy with 4 Steve Kerrs, Roy in his current condition cannot get anywhere. His mobility is next to nothing and he is just simply painful to watch. Why he isn't being rested or shutdown is beyond me, the man can barely move...

Archived