NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Roy Strategy

fenderbender

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

portland fans already know it, and now everyone else is starting to get it. if they want a chance at making the playoffs, the offense needs to run through aldridge primarily, and matthews as his robin. their best team involves roy sitting on the bench, as he's a liability everywhere, especially on defense.

Portland is screwed. Roy's knees are shot and they stupidly decided to go for Oden instead of Durant. I feel sorry for Roy owners. Tough choice. If there is someone who's looking good to go on the waiver wire, well. I used to have tendinitis in my knees and tried to play and it was very difficult. Not sure how someone can go on playing at this level in his condition.

I did lose a little respect for him when he called Andre slow. Andre has ALWAYS been slow, he makes up for it with a ton of steals, etc, etc. He is VERY OLD but still a very serviceable PG in my opinion (See Jason Kidd...who also is old and isnt very fast...) Not a good comment about a teammate.

But he had no issues about Steve Blake who plays slow as well...

Brandon has now become fantasy irrelevant...

What good are the numbers if they come once every 10 days...

Man I would have just retired if my knees had no cartilages...

Yeesh...I get shivers just thinking about jumping up and down on knees with no springs...

Brandon has now become fantasy irrelevant...

What good are the numbers if they come once every 10 days...

Man I would have just retired if my knees had no cartilages...

Yeesh...I get shivers just thinking about jumping up and down on knees with no springs...

Unfortunately, he's still quite relevant. He's an albatross around the neck of every owner unfortunate enough to own him. Can't play him, can't really cut him, and can't trade him.

Over under on the number of games Roy plays the Rest of the Year? 20?

Cut him if you can. He will miss another 3 games (after that Blazers will play 32 games and Roy only 23 - that is 71%). it will get only worse.

If you can get anything back in trades (better than FA available) trade him. I just traded him for Chris Andersen

rofl what are you in like an 8 team league?

i hate these people who post like hmm I need to drop Brandon Roy, who should I add? Rodney Stuckey? Luis Scola?

they must be playing in 6 or 8 team leagues, where everyone has a stacked roster and can just pluck talent off of waivers.

kind of in a win/lose situation...Owner got so frustrated with roy he dropped, I picked him up and he came back and played good for a few games than bad the rest...so TECHNICALLY i didnt draft him but i do own him...grrrr need to see how he does when he comes back i guess

Hidden
rofl what are you in like an 8 team league?

i hate these people who post like hmm I need to drop Brandon Roy, who should I add? Rodney Stuckey? Luis Scola?

they must be playing in 6 or 8 team leagues, where everyone has a stacked roster and can just pluck talent off of waivers.

yea...it's an 8-teamer...i already said that, genius. try reading before you comment.

B)

Sooner or later ..The Blazers are just going to have to shut him down for the season

Brandon Roy is finally coming to grips with the likelihood that he won't be pain free ever again.

"I think it's sinking in," Roy said. "I wouldn't say I've accepted it totally yet." Roy is no longer going to simply take injections to mask the pain in his knee. He wants to rest and get the knee better naturally. The former All-Star won't play again until next Thursday at the earliest.

The Trail Blazers and Brandon Roy (knee) are considering "all options" -- including shutting him down for the season.

"There is consensus among some of Portland’s decision-makers and Roy’s camp that having him bounce in and out of the lineup indefinitely may not be in anyone’s best interests," writes Ken Berger of CBS Sports. No decisions have been made, however, and there is still a chance that Roy's status will be determined game-by-game. Stay tuned. Dec. 30 - 2:57 pm et

Rotoworld homepage.

Not exactly surprising news....but it could happen anytime now.

So is this going to be the ongoing cycle for the rest of his life, of playing for a week until he can't walk, and then resting for the next several weeks? I don't think I've even heard anyone mention surgery as a possible way to fix his knees for the future.

Archived