NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Roy Strategy

fenderbender

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hidden
rofl what are you in like an 8 team league?

i hate these people who post like hmm I need to drop Brandon Roy, who should I add? Rodney Stuckey? Luis Scola?

they must be playing in 6 or 8 team leagues, where everyone has a stacked roster and can just pluck talent off of waivers.

Hey please help me with mines, I am currently playing in a 4 team league. Do you think I should drop Brandon Roy for Carlos Boozer, David West, Mo Williams or Jrue Holiday?

thing is, Roy has been out a bunch of games now. Batum and Rudy have had some nice games, but pretty inconsistent. Even if Roy shuts it down for the season, i see Batum/Rudy being up and down all year.

well..Roy has been out for 9 games and Batum has played in 7 of those games, was injured himself in two of them( one of those games he played 13 mins and left the game)..Batum's averages are at 12.5,6.3,2.3 on 44%,75% with 1.28 treys, 1.7 stls, 0.7blks 1.28 TOs... those are very serviceable numbers and I would say there is upside to those if Roy indeed shuts it down and Batum is looked upon to be more of a force out there, plus getting consistent minutes with the absence of Roy...Batum could be a nice little buy low right now..Im going to throw some low ball offers at him....

News update on Roy by rotoworld:

"Brandon Roy (knee) is "unlikely" to shut it down for the season, a source tells ESPN's Marc Stein.

Updates on Roy have been virtually non-existent over the last week. Roy is out "indefinitely" as he rests his troublesome knee. Presumably, he is exploring various medical options as well. If owners have waited this long, it's probably worth waiting for the Blazers to reveal a timetable. It sounds like the swingman fully expects to play again this year at some capacity."

News update on Roy by rotoworld:

"Brandon Roy (knee) is "unlikely" to shut it down for the season, a source tells ESPN's Marc Stein.

Updates on Roy have been virtually non-existent over the last week. Roy is out "indefinitely" as he rests his troublesome knee. Presumably, he is exploring various medical options as well. If owners have waited this long, it's probably worth waiting for the Blazers to reveal a timetable. It sounds like the swingman fully expects to play again this year at some capacity."

I just got offered up a trade for him but shot it down immediately because of the fear that he would be out for the long haul. This quote doesn't really tell me anything much more, he still may be out for the season.

I just cant see Roy on the court again this season. Nothing positive can come from putting him back in action until a long term plan is in place to attempt to address the chronic Knee issues.

Archived