NBC Sports Edge Forums

is ESPN really free?

ssmarsh

I'm getting hints that a few guys in my league want to switch stat services and some of them are talking about ESPN's free leagues. One of my friends is in an ESPN league and they pay $30 per team so I'm confused. Is ESPN (and by that account, Yahoo), really free? If so, do you get the bare bones or can you customize everything?

• Root Admin
I'm getting hints that a few guys in my league want to switch stat services and some of them are talking about ESPN's free leagues. One of my friends is in an ESPN league and they pay $30 per team so I'm confused. Is ESPN (and by that account, Yahoo), really free? If so, do you get the bare bones or can you customize everything?

It's free. You can customize most things. I guess it depends on "everything", but it is indeed free and for the most part, very easy to use....

I've been using ESPN for fantasy basketball for 4 years now, and it's always been free with live scoring features. Same with their fantasy football, but this was only my second year using them for football. Can't speak for baseball, though.

It's free. You can customize most things. I guess it depends on "everything", but it is indeed free and for the most part, very easy to use....

Thanks for the replies, guys. When I say "everything", I mean custom stat categories (we have 4), positional requirements (in my league, DH's can play OF), retro stats if you draft opening day, everything...

• Root Admin
Thanks for the replies, guys. When I say "everything", I mean custom stat categories (we have 4), positional requirements (in my league, DH's can play OF), retro stats if you draft opening day, everything...

Just go to the site and read up. You can customize stats to a point depending on what you want and positional requirements although I'm unsure about DH's playing OF, but they have a utility spot. It's a fairly straight forward platform. It has it's drawbacks but it's easy to use and for league interaction, I think it's the best. Good luck.

Thanks again for the reply. I did check out both ESPN and Yahoo and still came away with questions. Oh well, I guess I'll wait until the season draws closer and both sites open things up to registration.

Thanks again for the reply. I did check out both ESPN and Yahoo and still came away with questions. Oh well, I guess I'll wait until the season draws closer and both sites open things up to registration.

I noticed when trying ESPN in the past, they are limited in the stats customization. I would really like to use it, but the FREE game does not have everything we use. Now, if there is another game that is a pay service that offers more, I am not sure.

Yes, you have complete customization abilities as a commish.

Archived