NBC Sports Edge Forums

Received a counter trade offer ROTOPOSSE

My Pau Gasol, Rudy Gay, Paul Pierce

His Amare Stoudamire, Deron Williams, Wesley Matthews

I dont want to do this trade because I think I am giving up too much considering Matthews has a balky ankle and hasnt played well in his last 2 games. This is his team:

Tyreke Evans

Wesley Matthews

D.J. Augustin

Danilo Gallinari

JaVale McGee

Zach Randolph

Blake Griffin

Marcus Camby

John Wall

Aaron Brooks

Paul George

Amar'e Stoudemire

Emeka Okafor

Deron Williams

J.J. Barea

What should I counter with?

i'd go ahead with the trade, gasol's production should drop just a bit as bynum gets back to game shape and with ratliff coming back, he will cut about 3 to 5 minutes of gasol's minutes at center. phil's big on resting gasol for the playoffs though it doesnt always turn out that way. deron and amare are ABSOLUTELY BEASTS, especially with both fighting for better playoff positions.

i dont see anyone you'd be able to counter with, unless you need gallo for 3s, even then. matthews seems like the better choice

U have to pay to get Deron. I think the initial trade was greatly in ur favour. Pau and Amare are close, Deron kills Gay and Pierce and Matthews fills ur roster.

I still have the Pau Gasol and Rudy Gay for Amare Stoudamire and Blake Griffin on the table along with this counter offer. I am just trying to see which one is better. I kind of need a PG more than a big man even if that big man is Griffin but I dont care about that, I just want to make a trade that gives me the best value lol.

So it is either Pau Gasol and Rudy Gay for Amare Stoudamire and Blake Griffin

OR

Pau Gasol, Rudy Gay, Paul Pierce for Amare Stoudamire, Deron Williams, Wesley Matthews

!!!HELP!!!

but which deal is better? lol. Even if its slighty better, which 1 is better?

they're saying that the deron deal is better, genius...and i agree. it's close, pau is better than amare and pierce is better than matthews. but d-will is the deal breaker... he's much better than gay.

My Pau Gasol, Rudy Gay, Paul Pierce

His Amare Stoudamire, Deron Williams, Wesley Matthews

I'd take this trade because:

Stoudemire, Williams, Matthews are all going to be playing lots of minutes down the stretch trying to secure better playoff positions.

Gasol is losing touches to Bynum now that Bynum is getting healthy. Also, its possible Gasol and Pierce both will get rest down the stretch.

Archived