NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deep Keeper League Trade

Clubber Lang

U can propose it but it is a weak offer. To get LBJ u should have to give up at least 1 great player. Maybe the guy loves Diaw and says yes. Then again this is the kind of trade that has veto all over it.

U can propose it but it is a weak offer. To get LBJ u should have to give up at least 1 great player. Maybe the guy loves Diaw and says yes. Then again this is the kind of trade that has veto all over it.

That's what I was afraid of. It's not always easy to be objective when you are the one making the offer lol.

Trades have to help the other guy. 4 pure upgrades is good for u but not so hot for him. Maybe if u offer him Iggy, Millsap, Conley for LBJ, Udrih u can giterdone?

Yeah, I can't really afford to lose Iggy as I have little depth at SG. I would have definitely included him in the initial offer, probably instead of Jamison. Also like I said, LeBron and at least one of those two centers (Scola and Hayes) would need to be included.

How about replacing Diaw with Young? Young is nice, but he doesn't contribute much except scoring and threes. Or maybe think about replacing someone with Duncan? His role is only gonna get smaller as the season wears on, and he might not help much come fantasy playoff time.

How about replacing Diaw with Young? Young is nice, but he doesn't contribute much except scoring and threes. Or maybe think about replacing someone with Duncan? His role is only gonna get smaller as the season wears on, and he might not help much come fantasy playoff time.

That's exactly what I would do, however I can't. I need Duncan's blocks and C eligibility. I also only have 2 SGs (I'm not counting Willie Green as I will likely drop him at some point) so I can't really trade Young. This manager has no SGs that I have any interest in at all (his best is Redick).

You're gonna have to make sacrifices if you want Lebron. If you can't, then you probably won't get him. You could try your original offer though, but I don't see how it gets accepted in a keeper league especially when you're asking for players like Scola and Beno back. Either ask for less in return or offer up more on your end, although I don't think it will hurt just proposing your initial offer and risk having it shot down.

You're gonna have to make sacrifices if you want Lebron. If you can't, then you probably won't get him. You could try your original offer though, but I don't see how it gets accepted in a keeper league especially when you're asking for players like Scola and Beno back. Either ask for less in return or offer up more on your end, although I don't think it will hurt just proposing your initial offer and risk having it shot down.

Thanks. Beno does not have to be included, neither does one of the centers. Would any of these work (in order of my preference):

Lebron/Scola for Millsap/Conley/Diaw

Lebron/Hayes/Udrih for Millsap/Conley/Diaw

Lebron/Hayes for Millsap/Conley

Lebron/Hayes for Millsap/Conley/Diaw

The last one looks fair to me but are any of the others?

This is a keeper league also? I don't think u can get LBJ no matter what u offer. My earlier posts won't work just because of the keeper. The guy is not going to trade LBJ and Scola for 3 guys u can spare to dump. The easiest way to make trades is ignore ur team and see if u can make an offer that improves his team. Getting LBJ will cost u at least Iggy and prolly Deron.

This is a keeper league also? I don't think u can get LBJ no matter what u offer. My earlier posts won't work just because of the keeper. The guy is not going to trade LBJ and Scola for 3 guys u can spare to dump. The easiest way to make trades is ignore ur team and see if u can make an offer that improves his team. Getting LBJ will cost u at least Iggy and prolly Deron.

The trade he offered me originally was:

LeBron/Scola/2 Scrubs for Iggy/Millsap/Conley/N. Young (these are 4 of my 5 keepers)

Do you see any progress that can be made from there given the info I've stated in this thread?

Not really... as mentioned since this is a keeper that makes LeBron that much more valuable... you need to include one of your key pieces and not people you can afford to spare otherwise this trade isn't happening. The guys you've offered are good and have potential but they'll never reach anywhere close to LeBron.

MAKE THE TRADE. I don't think Millsap, Diaw will not get better unless Diaw gets traded, or if suddenly, Millsap erupts again like he did in the first half, which is quite inconsistent. LBJ & Udrih, makes up for Conley's assists (more than tha actually). You'll lose a couple of rebounds (around 4 or less per game) , but heck, you get LBJ. Chuck Hayes has also been a great defender and center especially with the Rockets' lack of big men. Unless, you're a LBJ hater, there's no other reason I can think of why you should not get the trade.

As mentioned earlier, you're gonna have to up the ante. I would start off by trying

Milsap + Iggy for LBJ

and if that doesn't work

Milsap + Iggy + Conley for LBJ + Beno

the only reason this trade might work is because it is a 16 teamer so depth is somewhat of a factor. You also have to consider, is this owner making playoffs? Does he have a good chance of winning it all. If you can improve his team so that it can grab a championship this year, maybe. If not, you have no chance.

As mentioned earlier, you're gonna have to up the ante. I would start off by trying

Milsap + Iggy for LBJ

and if that doesn't work

Milsap + Iggy + Conley for LBJ + Beno

the only reason this trade might work is because it is a 16 teamer so depth is somewhat of a factor. You also have to consider, is this owner making playoffs? Does he have a good chance of winning it all. If you can improve his team so that it can grab a championship this year, maybe. If not, you have no chance.

Thanks for offering your help. Once again, I would need a center to go with LeBron (Hayes and/or Scola) and I can't afford to lose Iggy as it would leave me with Nick Young as my only SG. The owner is right on the cusp of making the playoffs and he lacks depth.

my initial reaction to the thread title: i would not hesitate to do this deal

reading more... i cannot fathom landingLBJ in a keeper league. you always end up overpaying for a stud keeper. you would be too lucky to get him and not screw up your team

Archived