NBC Sports Edge Forums

Do I trade Rudy Gay? (Tyreke or Wall or Joe Johnson)

My: Rudy Gay

For: Tyreke? or John Wall? or Joe Johnson?

With Mo coming back and Augustin in a slump, my assists have taken a huge hit. I'm looking for a boost in ASSTs and could use another SG (but a PG will do as well). Do I trade Rudy Gay for any of the above?

Tyreke - Pros: Turning it around. Great playoff schedule. PG/SG elligibility. Cons: Terrible A/T

Wall - Pros: Great source of assists. Great playoff schedule. Cons: Terrible FG%

Johnson - Pros: Beasting. Valuable contributions. Cons: Weak stls. Not so great playoff schedule.

So who do I target if any? I really need the help in Assists and/or could use another SG. What do I do? Any and all replies would be greatly appreciated. Leave a link and I'll return the favor. Thanks

I would aim higher. Rudy has proven he's consistently top-20 this year. None of these other guys can say that, plus they all have missed time with injuries. Tyreke or Wall could mail it in towards the end of the season with their teams losing. You should be looking at guys more like Deron, Rondo, Rose, Westbrook.

My: Rudy Gay

For: Tyreke? or John Wall? or Joe Johnson?

With Mo coming back and Augustin in a slump, my assists have taken a huge hit. I'm looking for a boost in ASSTs and could use another SG (but a PG will do as well). Do I trade Rudy Gay for any of the above?

Tyreke - Pros: Turning it around. Great playoff schedule. PG/SG elligibility. Cons: Terrible A/T

Wall - Pros: Great source of assists. Great playoff schedule. Cons: Terrible FG%

Johnson - Pros: Beasting. Valuable contributions. Cons: Weak stls. Not so great playoff schedule.

So who do I target if any? I really need the help in Assists and/or could use another SG. What do I do? Any and all replies would be greatly appreciated. Leave a link and I'll return the favor. Thanks

Umm. yeah. I would love to aim higher, believe me I would. But PGs in my league are extremely over-valued and most of the top PGs aren't going anywhere so I'm aiming a bit lower.

I will try Gay + Augustin for Deron, Westbrook, or Rose but I don't see him biting.

Best bet would be:

Gay + Augustin for Monta Ellis

Thoughts on that? Would I be paying too much for Monta? I like his PG/SG elligibility and that would solve a lot of my problems. Thoughts?

Umm. yeah. I would love to aim higher, believe me I would. But PGs in my league are extremely over-valued and most of the top PGs aren't going anywhere so I'm aiming a bit lower.

I will try Gay + Augustin for Deron, Westbrook, or Rose but I don't see him biting.

Best bet would be:

Gay + Augustin for Monta Ellis

Thoughts on that? Would I be paying too much for Monta? I like his PG/SG elligibility and that would solve a lot of my problems. Thoughts?

I like that one actually. Ellis has been huge this year. Deron, Westbrook, and Rose will probably not be possible.

Can you follow up on my post? I asked you a question in response to your advice. Thanks.

Archived