NBC Sports Edge Forums

Augustin, G.Wall, & Gay 4 Kevin Love

My: DJ Augustin, Gerald Wallace, & Rudy Gay

For: Kevin Love, Troy Murphy, Nicholas Batum

Thoughts on this? Love's owner is currently ranked #1 with a locked byweek. His team has taken a significant hit since the trade deadline (Felton, Amare, Batum, Wes Mathews and an injured Okafur) and could use the help. Any chance I can swing this trade? Is it worth it for me being that I am locked for playoffs and might face this team later on?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm panicking and just don't want to do anything rash. WHIR. Thanks

Ur problem is u are treating Gay as an asset. he is pure liability. Odds are he is done this year. Just like ur offer yesterday it lacks a hook for the Love owner. Gay returning this year is no hook it is a faint hope. When u offer Gay maybe returning for LBJ and Love it shows u just don't understand fantasy sports. Right now Gay is ur albatross alone. Whomever trades for gay will assume the baggage of a crippled gay and get zero return for rest of the year. Who would want Gay? A few maybe weeks of gay in the playoffs is a very low return for a guy who will play 6 more weeks. i wish u luck in ur quest to trade gay. Even a healthy Gay would barely make that a good trade for the Love owner.

Saying I don't understand fantasy sports is a very presumptuous statement. You must understand that I am trading to an owner who is locked for a byweek. He only has to play 2 weeks for the rest of the season as he is locked. So 6 more weeks is irrelevant. Assuming there is a 25% chance (hypothetically) Gay comes back, is it so far off that an owner locked for a byweek in a deep league trades Love for DJ Augustin, GWall, & Gay? If so, maybe I'm off here but being that he lost one of his main PGs in Felton in a bench role, I'm banking on the fact that DJ is more valuable, Gwall helps now that Batum and Wes lose value, and the 6 weeks of play is irrelevant to him.

IF the Love owner trades him for Gay and IF it is not vetoed I would rather have Love than LBJ. But those are 2 huge IFs. Why do u think Gay is worth squat?

It's not what I think, it's what someone else may think. If I was fighting for a playoff spot, of course I would drop him. But he's still owned in 84% of yahoo leagues for a reason. Its all about risk vs reward. If there is low risk in owning Gay (the risk being for some locked owners that he doesn't come back, they may lose a stream spot or a potential free agent like Jason Thompson- Henderson, Murphy, are all gone- and then drop him during playoffs) the reward being (he comes back and puts up great numbers potentially wins the season. Its not guaranteed he comes back, but neither is it that he will be shut down. Risk vs. Reward.

And must you keep saying whomever for Gay? I believe in this offer Gay would be the throw-in, not the anchor of the trade.

However, I do appreciate your input. Thank you for taking the time to comment as I always appreciate another perspective.

His players potentially lost value. IF Denver fought so hard to get 26 year old Felton in this trade just to bench him they are idiots. Felton will play. Gay CANNOT play. If u are so sure Gay will return and play great in the playoffs then u keep him. U don't want Gay cause u know he is done. Nobody wants Gay he prolly would not even be picked off WW if u cut him for someone useful. Gay is not worth a roster spot. If his team is so bad off then u will crush him in the playoffs. Gay adds NOTHING to any trade. A throw in is a sweetener to tempt an owner. Gay and Eddy Curry will get the same numbers this year. Nobody will save u from the fact u have to cut gay for Budinger or somebody. Why not offer gay straight up for Felton? If he refuses then it is cut Gay time.

Archived