NBC Sports Edge Forums

MY CARDINALS ARE ALIVE!!!!!!!

thebestpr21

Well.....we are right now just 3.5 games out of the 1st place in the central...this is incredible....I can't really believe it....when they announced that Carpenter was Out For Season I lost every hope left to make the playoffs.....but now hope is back......and being underdogs once again.....I know is a long shot but here we are, ready to battle again...GO CARDSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well.....we are right now just 3.5 games out of the 1st place in the central...this is incredible....I can't really believe it....when they announced that Carpenter was Out For Season I lost every hope left to make the playoffs.....but now hope is back......and being underdogs once again.....I know is a long shot but here we are, ready to battle again...GO CARDSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is truly shocking considering how bad the Cards have played this year and the scrubs they have in the rotation. Neither the Cubs or the Brewers want to win this division. Might as well have a 3rd team join the party to make things interesting. If they can gain a healthy Mark Mulder to finish off the season that would be huge booster to their playoff chances and chances in the playoffs if they get there.

Lookout! The Cards got hot this time last year too...and what did they do?

B)

Ya and then the Stros came charging and the Cards nearly blew it. They blew a 8 game lead w/ about 1 1/2 weeks left only to win the division by 1 1/2 games.

The Stros are also charging WATCH OUT!!!

I'm really shocked as to how well the Cards have been playing lately, but they don't have the pitching of the Crew or the Cubs and will fall short.

I'm surprised that they are playing so well despite the fact that Pujols continues to post below average numbers. Right now, everything seems to be going their way including somehow getting value out of Piniero.

I'm surprised that they are playing so well despite the fact that Pujols continues to post below average numbers. Right now, everything seems to be going their way including somehow getting value out of Piniero.

Yeah I do wonder how well Piniero can pitch through the remainder of the year, my guess would be not very well but who knows in the NL Central.

How you could have predicted that is beyond me, they've looked at times to be by far the worst team in the league.

granted, i did say it assuminmg carp was coming back

Looks like Ankiel gave them the boost they needed.

I still say the Cardinals team last year was the worst and most boring lineup to ever win a World Series. They got it done though and thats all that matters.

They've heated up long before Ankiel joined them, it just went unnoticed by most.

Have you seen the bullpen of either of those two teams.....terrible

The Cubs BP - Dempster struggles have been ballooned and he has been solid and helped more than he has hurt through the entire course of the season. Marmol is as close to as unhittable gets. Howry has been solid since April when he really struggled, just had an off night last night and his stuff has looked as good as it has all year the past week or so. Wuertz, bad night last night like Howry, but the wind was blowing out, and I don't think he allowed an inherited runner to score until something like June. I am a fairly big Wuertz fan and his slider/splitter combo is great when it is on and he is usually reliable. Petrick has shown glimpses of what he can do and I think he can be solid but nothing special. Wood other then the COL outing has looked good so far and his slider and curve look amazing. Eyre, has struggled all year and he will continue to struggle until he can throw inside on pitchers again. Eyre has shown that he still can do that, but he isn't doing it consistent enough to be a late inning option. All in all, I don't think the Cubs BP is great, but I do think it is good enough to get them through the stretch run and into the playoffs and of the 3 teams I think it is going to have the best from this point forward.

I can't give as detailed of a description for the Crew or the Cards but here is what I do know. The Cardinals BP seems to be one of the worst in the league on reputation if you ask me, but as a collective unit they have been fine. I still however do not think they will be good enough to make that final push combined with their SP. The Brewers BP is shakey to me, Cordero is bound to burn out and possibly have an arm/shoulder/elbow injury the way Yost irresponsibly used him earlier this season. Wise still continues to prove me wrong with his junk he throws but I still think he will eventually be more of a mop up guy and not a 7th inning guy. Linebrink was dealt at the right time by SD as something looks to be wrong with him either injury wise or mental wise as he still hasn't been overly impressive, I do think he will be good enough going forward for them to be the 8th inning guy. We all know about Turnbow and he has an ERA a half run higher in the second half, he always seems to fall apart as the season goes on though and I don't expect this season to be much different.

Yes!!!....we are up 3-0 in the 4th....two Yadier HR's....this is definitely our moment...If we win this game we are 2.5 games away from first place....and smoking HOT....BETTER START BELIEVING IN US!!!!

GO CARDSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!....we are up 3-0 in the 4th....two Yadier HR's....this is definitely our moment...If we win this game we are 2.5 games away from first place....and smoking HOT....BETTER START BELIEVING IN US!!!!

GO CARDSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could get a lot more excited about your team if your 1B, my 1st pick in the draft, could start hitting the ball out of the infield. Seriously, I'm kinda shocked about the way the Cards are playing. I saw them play in Philly the first game after the all-star break and they looked terrible. The only guy that impressed me that night was Duncan. Enjoy the ride. B)

Archived