NBC Sports Edge Forums

compare two Oakland SP's

ssmarsh

I have an opportunity to acquire one of these guys and I'd like to know which one you guys think will have a better year. 10 team, AL only with Wins, ERA, IP-H, K-BB as SP categories.

Well, I have a heck of a lot more faith in Gio to actually make more than 15 appearances, so I'd go that way.

Why do you think Anderson won't make 15 appearances? He's the A's #2 or #3 starter? I'd expect both of them to make 30+ starts.

We HOPE Anderson makes 30 starts. I HOPED that last year also. I EXPECTING 15 starts and anything more would be an improvement. Gio is healthier Brett has the upside and injury background. Trade for healthy guys.

We HOPE Anderson makes 30 starts. I HOPED that last year also. I EXPECTING 15 starts and anything more would be an improvement. Gio is healthier Brett has the upside and injury background. Trade for healthy guys.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I agree that Gio is the better bet for this season, but I still want to hear other opinions. Keep them coming!

I have an opportunity to acquire one of these guys and I'd like to know which one you guys think will have a better year. 10 team, AL only with Wins, ERA, IP-H, K-BB as SP categories.

I think you made the right call in going with Anderson, especially @ $1. I like both pitchers, but at least when Anderson has been able to pitch...you know that you are getting a special pitcher. Gonzalez, while he made some strides last year, can turn back into a pumpkin at anytime because of his walks. I think in this case, you had to go upside...and you did. Very Nice!

Archived