NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Quentin 2011 Season Outlook

Spina

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance this guy sticks in the 3 hole for a period of time. I know Dunn was supposed to be there, but he hasnt shown anything so far( i know, wont be for long), but to me he's really not a typical 3 hole hitter.

Any chance this guy sticks in the 3 hole for a period of time. I know Dunn was supposed to be there, but he hasnt shown anything so far( i know, wont be for long), but to me he's really not a typical 3 hole hitter.

If he hits, he sticks. Ozzie is the king of moving guys around. If a guy is hot he moves him up, if hes cold he moves him down. He will stay there as long as he is consistent. And if he is healthy he should remain there. Guy can mash with the best of them. 11 doubles already too. A few of them HIGH off walls. Its pretty ridiculous to think, this guy is a few feet away from having close to double digit HR's.

• 3 weeks later...

This is what Quentin does. puts up BIG STATS in bunches. It's hard to bench him ever cause if u want his 30+ HR's 100+ RBI's u can't sit him 10 games a year. He may go off for 5 HR's, 20 RBI's in those 10 games. Glad to see him have a big one to get his totals back up to monster ones!

One thing I will say about Carlos is when he is going good he is laying off all the junk pitches and waiting for a fastball and just destroying them. The verdict is kind of out on this guy, if you get ahead of him and throw him junk he will have a hard time laying off. But if you fall behind and feed him fastballs he will destroy them. Early in the season he was laying off EVERY breaking ball in the dirt, even today he was chasing a lot of bad, just awful sliders in the dirt, but for whatever reason Ervin Santana would come back and feed him a fastball. In one at bat in his 2nd RBI double he took 3 close fastballs for balls, and swung at the 2 HIDEOUS, NOT EVEN CLOSE sliders in the dirt, then on the 3-2 pitch he fed him a fastball and he destroyed it. I would like to see that plate discipline I saw early in the season become more consistent and I think he could repeat his MVP type numbers of a few years back. If he continues to fall into bad trends at the dish he will still supply good power but his average and production will be maddingly inconsisent. Lets hope he continues to show growth.

• 2 weeks later...

Tornado like winds in Texas tonight. Expect tons of runs. He just got that one up into a stream and it went like 425 feet. They listed it at 405 feet but I, and even the announcers were saying that looked a lot farther than that. It was a bomb.

what's up with the delay? Anyone know if the rain will pass? Not only do I have money on the chi sox in a juicy parlay but I don't want to lose quentin's bombs!

The guy from the lineups thread said the storm should pass through quickly.

This guy's stats just come in HUGE bunches. a 1 HR, 5 RBI game a week ago...now a 3 HR 5 RBI game. I'll take the 35 HR, 110 RBI production by seasons end if he can stay healthy though!

• 2 weeks later...

Another multi-HR game...16th, 17th (130th Total Bases - - Bautista-138)

Its a crime that Rotoworld's own Matthew Pouliot rank Carlos Quentin as the 37th best Outfielder, right ahead of the likes of Coco Crisp, Brett Gardner, Angel Pagan, Nick Markakis, and Juan Pierre and behind the likes of Tori Hunter, Alfonso Soriano, Bobby Abreu and many, many more (Choo-11th, Ichiro-14th). Absolutely Criminal.

Hard-Hittin Quentin is an Animal and there aren't many outfielders I'd take before him.

EDIT:

Oh yea...he leads the MLB in XBH with 35 B) STUD

The most under appreciated man in fantasy this year. Cannot believe his thread is only 2 and a half pages. He has been one of the best sluggers in baseball 1/3rd of the season through!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived