NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Quentin 2011 Season Outlook

Spina

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
2 hr - HBP then pulled for pinch runner. I know they sub Lillibridge sometimes late in games for speed/defense or was there an injury? Anyone see it?

Often right after a HBP too.

Quentin gets hit so much, he probably doesn't feel it anymore unless it breaks something.

• 2 weeks later...

The Chicago Tribune reports that White Sox OF Carlos Quentin took some light swings on Wednesday, as he works his way back from a strained AC joint in his left shoulder. He has been on the disabled list with the injury and is eligible to be activated on Monday, though it is not yet clear if he will be ready to rejoin the team then.

(Updated 08/31/2011).

- all I see

• 2 weeks later...

Nor will he be for most of the rest of the season. Sounds like he will be available to pinch hit only. I will never own this guy again. I have been in his corner for 3 years now waiting for it to all come together. It never will. He is made of glass. Exiting the roid era completely I am staying away from most injury prone players in the future. Without a quick fix to get back on the field faster you see a ton more injuries. Guys like A-Rod, Quentin, Cruz who consistently hurt will never play on my team again. I will let someone else deal with the headaches.

Archived