NBC Sports Edge Forums

Am I still in good shape?

LosGringos

After two weeks I am ranked 6th out of 8 teams with a record of 7-12-1. In week one I was completely destroyed in most categories, this week I picked it up offensively winning all 5 offensive stats while losing all 5 pitching stats. I made two moves this week of dropping Stanton for Masterson, and then dropped Nathan for Fuentes. What do you think?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted on someone else's thread that Jed Lowrie was unavailable... but he is available. Do I dare drop Hellickson for Lowrie, and use my last move of the week as well?

Stanton.. as in Mike, the Marlin? For Masterson? I remember when dropping Nishioka for Carlos Quentin was a tough maybe for your club. Wow, these 8-team leagues make my head throb...now I don't know what to say here without many more FAs. Can we get the big list of waiver hitters and pitchers ? good luck.

Stanton.. as in Mike, the Marlin? For Masterson? I remember when dropping Nishioka for Carlos Quentin was a tough maybe for your club. Wow, these 8-team leagues make my head throb...now I don't know what to say here without many more FAs. Can we get the big list of waiver hitters and pitchers ? good luck.

Well, it has been an interesting season already. After two weeks, I felt Stanton wasn't showing up enough to stay on the team, and felt another pitcher would benefit me more. I'll post a list of the top FA's.

FA list based on actual ranking and not Yahoo ranking...

Offense:

Lance Berkman

Jonny Gomes

Bloomquist

Asdrubal Cabrera

Alex Gordon

Francoeur

Hafner

Logan Morrison

Russel Martin

Soriano

Pitching:

Aaron Harang

Derek Lowe

Lohse

Tomlin

Aaron Crow

Chris Young DL

Jurrjens

Bruce Chen

Kyle McClellan

De La Rosa

Stanton should be ok, especially for power, and I'm not sold on MAsterson.

I think you're still in good shape, thanks for mine.

Thanks, but I already made that move. Stanton hadn't done enough to break into my roster since his injury, so I dropped him for pitching.

I like your pitching the move I would make would be dumping Andrus for Asdrubal Cabrera.

Really? You would just flat out dump him? I think he still has great upside. And I don't believe Cabrera will keep his stats up the whole season. Maybe I am just a big fan of Elvis... what is your reasoning? Maybe you can convince me.

Really? You would just flat out dump him? I think he still has great upside. And I don't believe Cabrera will keep his stats up the whole season. Maybe I am just a big fan of Elvis... what is your reasoning? Maybe you can convince me.

Your team looks pretty fine. I dont know how it relates to others being its an 8 tema league, but no matter what, baseball is the easiest sport to make up gamesin (fantasy wise). It will be a tight race all year long.

Your team looks pretty fine. I dont know how it relates to others being its an 8 tema league, but no matter what, baseball is the easiest sport to make up gamesin (fantasy wise). It will be a tight race all year long.

I agree here..I like your team..its a matter of players starting to get up to standards (pujols, rios, etc.)

Jed Lowrie just hit another big hit... is now 1-1 on the day with 2 RBI. He seems to be the real deal... should i get him? Andrus is struggling... this would boost my offense.

If your dropping someone like Stanton then you should be consistent and drop Elvis for Asdrubal, or at least think about it after seeing what Asdrubal does in the next few days.

I would also drop C. Lewis & Narveson for De La Rosa & Jurrjens and either Rios or Werth for Logan Morrison.

Jed Lowrie just hit another big hit... is now 1-1 on the day with 2 RBI. He seems to be the real deal... should i get him? Andrus is struggling... this would boost my offense.

I would go for Lowrie or Asdrubal Cabrera over Andrus at this point, although I worried Lowrie wouldn't get the playing time, and only put in a 1$ bid for him lastnight (would've been dropping Theriot conditionally, this being a 12-team h2h). Someone bid 4 bucks... didn't see that coming.

I like Andrus, but unless it's a dynasty league, I feel he is capped to speed potential only. He's a much more useful player in real life to me. I still do not understand the hype on Andrus in non-dynasty/keeper leagues. He has speed and will rack up steals at SS, but so does Ryan Theriot and he might even give you better avg/obp this year (I'm not writing Andrus off due to the slow start, I just don't think he's ready to hit for a high average). Maybe I'm just low on Andrus... I don't know.

As for good shape or not-- you're fine. My opponent from week 1 in my h2h finished 6-4 in a L to me. He finished his next matchup 9-1, and now he's in first place outright (.5 up on about 4 people tied for 2nd).

I would not panic too much, but with it being an 8-team league, it is a bit uncharted territory for me. I think you'll have to just be patient, because guys like Pujols will produce soon.

And don't yell at me.... but I really, really like Alex Gordon this year-- even if he doesn't fit a need on yr team. I own him in two leagues (14-team roto & 12-man H2H), and in my roto league I dealt Alf Soriano for him. I think this really is the year he breaks out. I wish he would tally some home runs, but it's hard to look past his production. He's a guy I like this year-- a lot. In my keeper league where I got him for 0$, I love him

Of the pitchers left-- I like De La Rosa and Harang. De La Rosa a bit more, especially if your league has any limitation on innings pitched, as he can help in other categories without running up your innings total.

Thanks for your advice and I hope this helps. B)

If your dropping someone like Stanton then you should be consistent and drop Elvis for Asdrubal, or at least think about it after seeing what Asdrubal does in the next few days.

I would also drop C. Lewis & Narveson for De La Rosa & Jurrjens and either Rios or Werth for Logan Morrison.

I think his league has a limit to moves that can be made. And while I agree about the consistency comment, I think early in the year we have to be patient with certain players. Slow starts are to be expected, and dropping a guy like Rios for Morrison probably won't do much good in the long run. I have no idea how Werth is doing, so I can't comment there.

Although I do agree that Elvis should go.

My biggest regret in my fantasy league is not dropping Ian Desmond for Cabrera when I had the chance. From all I've read, Cabrera hit(s) the weights hard and added a lot of muscle. I'm buying into his start. Maybe even more than Lowrie, because I still would worry about Scutaro getting into the lineup enough to make you crazy in an 8-team league.

Ok, So we are only allowed 3 moves a week. I have already used two with the drop of Stanton for Masterson, and Nathan for Fuentes. It is only Monday, so using one more move will lock me in for the week. What would you suggest? Dropping Andrus for A Cabrera, another move, or stay tight and see what it looks like at the end of the week?

Also, if you were to drop Andrus for someone... would it be for Asdrubal Cabrera or Jed Lowrie. Lowrie is earning his playing time right now, and he can play in a number of positions. I lean towards Lowrie because I watch him regularly being a Sox fan.

I would for sure drop Andrus for Asdrubal. Cabrera was a very worthwhile play in 2009 and was hurt last year. It also appears that the Indians lineup is improved and as such he should see an uptick in numbers. Id much rather have him than Andrus and would also prefer him over Lowrie.

Help here: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=224327

Here are the stats:

Asdrubal Cabrera- 10R, 2HR, 11RBI, 0SB, .286 BA

Jed Lowrie- 6R, 1HR, 5RBI, 0SB, .462BA (is 2-2 today with 2 RBI)

Elvis Andrus- 9R, 1HR, 8RBI, 4SB, .176BA

Andrus is obviously the weakest of the three, Asdrubal has great numbers as does Lowrie, and Lowrie is continuing to add... this is a tough choice... more insight?

So here is what went down. I used my last move of the week to drop Hellickson for Jed Lowrie. I was not sold on dropping Andrus, and felt my pitching was plentiful enough to drop one of the weaker pitchers. Hellickson will be an ace next year, but this season he is dealing with a struggling club in the toughest division in the league. Also, as you can see from the FA list I gave, there are plenty better pitchers on the WW. I know some of you were pushing more towards Asdrubal Cabrera, but the Sox lineup sold it for me. If people can get on base in front of Lowrie, he will bring them in... and he has shown that today with his 3-3 1r, 1hr, 4rbi performance.

My team has been updated in my sig, what do you think? Note that my 3 moves have been made, so this is my team for the week. But I am open to suggestions for future moves.

haha i was just gonna say something like this

Lowrie probably wont keep this up year round.. he is now hitting .533 on the year. But I think he will be solid. The least I can do now, is ride his hot streak and hope Elvis brings it around. Having the two in the roster should be good... especially when Lowrie can play multiple positions (I think he is only eligible at 2 right now).

I would drop Britton, I just don't trust any pitchers in the AL East but that's just me...

Please look at mine:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=224358

So this becomes a new question. For next week, when I am eligible to move again, should I drop Britton, and who for? He is a pitcher that ,like most ppl, picked up off the WW to bring in some quality starts. He definitely has a downfall for being in the AL east, so picking someone else up is a good option.

Again, here are the FA pitchers:

Aaron Harang

Derek Lowe

Lohse

Tomlin

Aaron Crow

Chris Young DL

Jurrjens

Bruce Chen

Kyle McClellan

De La Rosa

Archived