NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dealing For Lester

pierceNKC

Thinking of proposing Ubaldo + Andrus to a guy who's starved for speed. My league pays far too much attention to pre-season ranks, so with Ubaldo being ranked 50th (Yahoo) and Lester ranked 39th, he'll feel like he's getting good value regardless of how bad Ubaldo's pitched (plus his last outing was fairly encouraging).

If you were me, would you offer this up?

Guest ciderjack6

1. Who's gonna be your new SS?

2. Who is his SS?

I wouldn't do it if your answer to #1 is "I don't know"

As fair as it being fair...yea if his SS is terrible then it's a great move for him.

1. Who's gonna be your new SS?

2. Who is his SS?

I wouldn't do it if your answer to #1 is "I don't know"

As fair as it being fair...yea if his SS is terrible then it's a great move for him.

I have Alexei Ramirez, got him off waivers - haven't updated sig yet, sorry.

as a Lester owner, I'd pass on that deal, no way do I trade him for baldy and andrus, I wouldn't even consider it.

however, if the other owner needs the speed, and is willing to part with Lester for those 2, good for you, but I'd ask for McCutch and...... for Lester.

Lester should be a top 5 SP by seasons end and IMHO, baldy doesn't even come close. I'd want comparable value now.

But like I stated, IF he'll agree to the proposed trade, you win by a mile.. Good luck..

(Wish we had owners like this in my league)

FISH ON!!

I'm not as high on CC as I am on Lester. If Ubaldo can right his ship, his ceiling is a little bit higher than CC's. If you don't think he'll be Ubaldo circa early 2010 then I'd definitely still make the trade.

It's still a good trade for you but instead of winning by a mile, I'd give 3/4s of one.

Help with mine?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=228238

Archived