NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Just looking for some insight to settle an opinion.

In a 20 team Dynasty league....who holds more value !!!  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which player holds more value and you would rather roster for a 20 team Dynasty League?

• Chad Billingsley
    • Jimmy Rollins

Which player holds more value in a 20 team Dynasty League? Post reason for opinion if you can.

Scoring System

Batting Categories

BA - Batting Average

BB - Walks (Batters)

DT - Doubles Plus Triples

HR - Home Runs

R - Runs

RBI - Runs Batted In

SB - Stolen Bases

Pitching Categories

ERA - Earned Run Average

HD - Holds

K - Strikeouts (Pitcher)

QS - Quality Starts

S - Saves

W - Wins

WHIP - Walks + Hits / Inning

Speed is a skill of the young, which Rollins is not. He'll be 33 to start the next season w/ the final contract of his career, so Rollins will likely run & hit even less. Rollins has averaged 650+ ABs per season in his career, but that is a minus at this stage in a dynasty league, as the mileage on his body will likely lead to a further skills decline. On the other hand, Billingsley is a highly skilled lefty who is about to turn 27. Pitchers w/ his ceiling & potential are not easy to come by, plus his best seasons are still ahead of him. Give me Billingsley & his future over whatever Rollins has left in the tank.

I'd rather gamble on Billingsley for that word we all love. Upside. Rollins is solid value due to the sheer size of the league but I don't believe he'll be worth a damn two years from now. One year of above average production is nice but give me the arm.

Guest ciderjack6

20 team dynasty?

Rollins no question

.690 OPS with 20 steals and solid counting stats are going to be waaay better than most shortstops in a 20 teamer right?

Note: I'm assuming he will be signed by some old skool GM who loves that Rollins is a "gamer" and a "winner"

Archived