NBC Sports Edge Forums

Latos for Anibal?

Spina

Going into the season I was really high on Anibal so I made him a priority come draft time only to drop him after his rocky first two games, and I have regretted it everyday since. As far as Latos, I was rewarded with a dominant performance after drafting him last year so despite the shoulder problems, I made sure to add him again this year at the draft only to see him underperform.

After Anibal's last two shaky outings against PHI and TEX, the owner who picked him up after I dropped him early in the season offered him to me for Latos.

So would you do it? Who do you like better for the ROS?

Leave a link

Ill be honest, the way hes looked so far, I would probably go with Sanchez. Tough for me to say but Latos has just been so inconsistent and hittable. Hes got more upside, but at what cost should that keep being chased? Theres really no shame in having a rough start against two top end offenses, and thats what happened to Sanchez.

Help here: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2241042

That's a tough call, but I think I'd go Latos. Both teams are performing about the same, so wins will be a crapshoot. I just think Latos has the more dominating stuff and he plays in a good pitchers ballpark.

I don't really think you can go wrong with either one though.

Roll with Anibal.

Latos has been too inconsistent to rely on this year...in comparison to last year.

Anibal has better split numbers - post All Star break for his career (3.29 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, .226 BAA). Minus his last two starts (PHI and TEX), he's been solid throughout this season.

I wouldnt jump off the Latos train just yet. He showed how dominating he can be last year and while he has been severly underachieving this year I still think he can turn it on in the second half. He has a way higher cieling than Sanchez and as someone aluded to earlier the wins are a crapshoot. If I had to choose I would go with Latos, call me a sucker for upside but its not like he hasnt been dominate before. Sanchez is good but I would have a hard time trusting him over Latos even with him pitching better than Latos "right now". Hope this helps.

It's just such an awful time to sell Latos. You're dumping at the bottom of the curve. ROS, Latos has almost nowhere to go but up. Sanchez has been serviceable, but his ceiling is lower. Both teams pitch for rather weak clubs, so I don't see much of an advantage either way there. Latos pitches in the NL West, and at Petco half the time, so that helps.

I say hang on to Latos, at least for the short term. If he continues to be mediocre, go ahead and purge. If he starts to pitch better, maybe you can get a little more, or maybe you might decide to hold. I just don't love the timing of this move.

Archived