NBC Sports Edge Forums

Oscar Taveras - OF STL

crotchcrickets

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gah I burnt my 3rd round pick on him (11th including keepers) I guess ill keep him and let the vicious cycle continue. In a 20 team league it should be worth it if he ever plays.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, with his injuries Sept. does seem more likely. I'll wait to see how he heals this time around. He was raking when he came back a few weeks ago, so he didn't seem to miss a beat.

Yes I'm sure they will just send him to the minors to get settled post injury and they aren't exactly forced to bring him up unless there is a second injury to Craig Adams Beltran or Jay

Activity!! (I hope the pinch-hitter was not because of a setback)

Oscar Taveras plays in rehab game

Cardinals outfielder Oscar Taveras played in a rehab game Monday.

Taveras went 1 for 1, with a double and a walk during his first appearance. He was replaced by a pinch-hitter in the third inning. Taveras is hitting .306/.341/.462 in 173 at-bats.

Chris Cwik

CBSSports.com

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, July 27, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, July 27, 2013 - No reason given

I'm hoping to pick him up before anyone else in my keeper league does. Does it still look like he may come up in Aug or is Sept much more likely. In my league to get him I'd have to be about 2 weeks ahead of the call up.

In a keeper he should most defintely be owned regardless of any impact this season.

If you can get him pull the trigger. No sense in holding off. At worst you lose a marginal bench player for an impact bat next season.

• 2 weeks later...

He is the perfect person to buy right now in a deep keeper league.

Still gonna cost a fortune. Even with the injury and time off, the hype hasn't REALLY died down. Every publication has him still firmly entrenched as a top 3 prospect.

Archived