NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Nelson or Nate Burleson, WHIR 100%

jasonresno

I'm thinking about benching Burleson purely because the Vikings gave up 97 yards and no TDs to SD Wideouts.... But dropping Burleson for Nelson I'm not crazy about because I believe Stafford is better than Fitz and don't think Fitz can continue it all season long..... Both are number 2's and Parrish was just put on the IR which helps his case. Purely for this game I go Nelson over Burleson because the NE secondary is weak (278 yards TD to Henne, 237 yards 2 TD to Rivers; those stats are passes to WR alone) and Fitz + Brady = Shootout.

Thanks for answering mine, appreciate it.

TOUGH call both could do well.

Burleson might have to worry about Titus young getting some of his targets now that the rookie is involved.

David Nelson (who I am playing this week) faces a weak secondary of NE and since NE will score some points they'll be throwing the ball plenty.

Rotoworld like David Nelson.

They are ranked as follows:

29. David Nelson

32. Nate Burleson

I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

I'm thinking about benching Burleson purely because the Vikings gave up 97 yards and no TDs to SD Wideouts.... But dropping Burleson for Nelson I'm not crazy about because I believe Stafford is better than Fitz and don't think Fitz can continue it all season long..... Both are number 2's and Parrish was just put on the IR which helps his case. Purely for this game I go Nelson over Burleson because the NE secondary is weak (278 yards TD to Henne, 237 yards 2 TD to Rivers; those stats are passes to WR alone) and Fitz + Brady = Shootout.

Thank you very much. I'm in the same line of thinking. As far as Burleson goes I'm sorta worried about Titus Young sneaking up and stealing looks away. I think either move will be alright to be honest. I trust Fitz to play this well all season as much as I trust Stafford to stay healthy :/

Guest zubaz4fans

Burleson likes facing the Vikings, one of his former teams, since he has double digits in Fantasy points in two previous meetings, including last year when he had six catches for 83 yards and a touchdown and one carry for 20 yards. He also has at least eight Fantasy points in two games this year against Tampa Bay and Kansas City with 12 catches for 153 yards over that span. Minnesota has only allowed one receiver to score this year, but the Vikings should struggle with this entire passing attack for the Lions.

-------------------

Nelson was great last week against Oakland with 10 catches for 83 yards and a touchdown, and he has 14 catches for 149 yards on the season. With Roscoe Parrish (ankle) out for the season, Nelson's chances to produce should increase, and the Patriots secondary is a mess right now. New England has allowed 29 catches for 515 yards and three touchdowns to wide receivers, with Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess and Vincent Jackson each gaining over 90 yards. Nelson can be considered a No. 2 Fantasy option in point per reception leagues.

With that said. I think I'm gonna go with Nelson - in a game that could possibly have a combined 1000 yards of offense.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=247173

Thanks for answering mine, appreciate it.

TOUGH call both could do well.

Burleson might have to worry about Titus young getting some of his targets now that the rookie is involved.

David Nelson (who I am playing this week) faces a weak secondary of NE and since NE will score some points they'll be throwing the ball plenty.

Rotoworld like David Nelson.

They are ranked as follows:

29. David Nelson

32. Nate Burleson

I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

That seals it. Cheers and let's hope we look good with Nelson out there! Thank you very much for the insight, really nice.

Archived