NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nicks n Denarius or Foster

JeterPimpedUrGF

i agree that RB's are more valuable in non PPR...RB's usually will pick up more yards than a WR obviously b/c they touch the ball more and you can not predict receiving TD's the same as you cant predict rushing TD's but i like the idea of my RB getting the ball consistantly throughout a game then hoping that my WR gets targeted...i dont think its giving to much...thanks for your help with mine...im making the switch with stewart for nelson

The emergence of Tate would scare me too. You don't know which direction the Texans will go, even with a healthy Foster. I really like Nicks in dynasty leagues as well. Who are your other RBs and WRs?

Thx 4 help with mine

I honestly have no other RBs which is why Im compelled to do a deal like this. I have guys like Calvin,M.Wallace n V.Jax at WR as well. Im a stacked team what can I say. Im extremely worried about the emergence of Tate......and have been since this guy and I had originally started trade talks about 2 weeks back or so. I understand RB in a non ppr is more valuable and all but at what point do I open my eyes to the fact that the guy Im looking at has serious competition for carries. This isnt like last year where Foster had the rock all to himself ya know.

Nicks is a stud. This is very risky but u could make out like a bandit if Foster returns to full health. I think the foster owner is probably scared it's a lingering issue so if u havw faith that it's not, pull the trigger

Quite the contrary the Foster owner seems to have full faith in Foster and doesnt see Tate as a concern whereas I on the other hand have been worried about Tate all along and see it as a 65-35 backfield at the very least for Foster. Could even be 60-40. Ya just dont know....know what I mean.

I sent the offer for Foster last night. Its an offer he sent me but pulled about 2 weeks ago before his Britt injury so I figured let me take a chance. For whatever reason hes convinced Im trying to buy low on Foster so the deal is a no go. Personally I cant see how its a buy low with the risk that comes along with Foster but hey we all have our own opinions right.

I like the idea of buying low on Foster but not like selling low on Nicks.

It seems that HOU coach think their lack of TD in redzone is because Foster not playing so obviously he's going to get the goaline possibly most of the carries.

So I would pull the trade

Thanks for helping mine

Non PPR...keeper league with 14 teams.

Being that its non PPR u can make the case RBs are slightly more valuable.

Is giving Denarius and Nicks too much for Foster? My only concern is the emergence of Tate.

I sent the offer for Foster last night. Its an offer he sent me but pulled about 2 weeks ago before his Britt injury so I figured let me take a chance. For whatever reason hes convinced Im trying to buy low on Foster so the deal is a no go. Personally I cant see how its a buy low with the risk that comes along with Foster but hey we all have our own opinions right.

So does this mean the deal's off the table, or are you still looking for feedback on this? It would help if you posted your roster; if you're not deep in WR, you def. don't do this deal. Foster's a major risk at this point... if I didn't have Tate to go along with him, I'd probably hang on to Nicks and Denarius, whom I'm REALLY high on. But I might reconsider if you're stacked at WR and desperately need the RB help. If you can handle the depth hit, why not float the Nicks/Moore combo around your league and see what turns up?

Thanks for the help with mine.

So does this mean the deal's off the table, or are you still looking for feedback on this? It would help if you posted your roster; if you're not deep in WR, you def. don't do this deal. Foster's a major risk at this point... if I didn't have Tate to go along with him, I'd probably hang on to Nicks and Denarius, whom I'm REALLY high on. But I might reconsider if you're stacked at WR and desperately need the RB help. If you can handle the depth hit, why not float the Nicks/Moore combo around your league and see what turns up?

Thanks for the help with mine.

Yeah deals off the table. I just wanted to know if I was low balling this guy or not cause imo it wasnt even close to trying to buy low on Foster.

I have Vjax,Calvin and M.Wallace as well so yeah it makes sense for me to deal a WR ya know.

If you could pull this off I would do it ASAP. Nicks isn't the epitome of health himself... Moore will be inconsistent week to week. 1st round RB's are way more valuable in non-PPR leagues than WRs. Considering you're already stacked at WR, this is a surefire deal for me.

Yeah deals off the table. I just wanted to know if I was low balling this guy or not cause imo it wasnt even close to trying to buy low on Foster.

I have Vjax,Calvin and M.Wallace as well so yeah it makes sense for me to deal a WR ya know.

Yeah if the deals dead i guess it doesnt matter either way, but if it wasnt.....

I think its a move youd have to gamble with cause of your WR depth.....and i just want to say, in 14 teamer those WR you have are amazing.

geez tough one! I probably sit tight on this one as Foster does have big upside but he also has two things working against him 1) the hamstring (with injuries.. it could flare up any time and your screwed...I traded for Gates at the beginning of the year and I am kicking myself because I know better than that! 2) Tate...after as well as he has done they cant just give him nothing moving forward can they?

My instinct is that I don't trust injured players and will only trade for healthy ones, but getting Foster for that price is a nice discount. If your team is looking mediocre, I would do it because you have to make something happen. If you're looking like a title contender, I would hold off because you don't need to be taking risks like that.

Thanks for the help in mine.

Archived