NBC Sports Edge Forums

Is my potential 1 PPR trade vetoable?

ZidaneValor

If this guy accepts this trade in a 1 PPR league, is it vetoable? He was the one who basically offered it to me and he wants to sleep on it, but since I'm the commissioner and I have full veto power (barring a vote of 6 out of the remaining 9), it looks so lopsided to me that I have to accept it but I'm afraid it might start a riot that I'm trying to cheat.

I give: DeSean Jackson, Tim Hightower, Mike Tolbert

I receive: Larry Fitzgerald, Matt Forte, DeAngelo Williams

Just for the record, there was a trade made this past Sunday morning that was Dwayne Bowe, Joseph Addai, Marques Colston, and Carnell Williams for Michael Turner, Miles Austin, and Eric Decker, and a riot almost broke out that I didn't veto it. Then again, there were complaints that I didn't veto a Michael Turner for Chris Johnson trade last week too.

the guy giving up turner and austin isn't the brightest- but veto's are for collusion - not unbalanced trades.

That's been my opinion from the start, but they think that I should veto trades that are "unfair." It's not my job to figure out the perceived value of players unless it's really obvious like Ray Rice for Tashard Choice or something.

I would say "not vetoable," but I think that about virtually every trade.

Why don't you try this: Announce to the league that DeSean Jackson, Tim Hightower, and Mike Tolbert are on the block. Tell them you are accepting offers for one or all of those three guys. You may get some offers, I bet they will be low-ball. Then, when your real trade goes through, the rest of the league cannot complain. They had the chance to offer a winning package, and they sat on their hands.

Your trading partner probably thinks DeAngelo is essentially useless (he has been so far) and that he is getting three startable players from you for the price of two. Its at least logical in that sense. Desean has started slow but he is a dynamic talent. Hightower looks like he is going to have a ton of value this year. Tolbert already has 3 TDs and Matthews might be hurt. I wouldn't make this deal but that should not be the standard.

that's definitely not veotable.. i've seen a lot worst trades in my leagues and we don't veto it unless collusion is involved.. just let people manage their teams.. i've noticed over the years playing FF football, some people don't do any trades but always complaining about other people's trades.. trades are an exciting and fun part in Fantasy Football..

Why don't you try this: Announce to the league that DeSean Jackson, Tim Hightower, and Mike Tolbert are on the block. Tell them you are accepting offers for one or all of those three guys. You may get some offers, I bet they will be low-ball. Then, when your real trade goes through, the rest of the league cannot complain. They had the chance to offer a winning package, and they sat on their hands.

Most of my league wouldn't trade for D-Jax, Hightower, or Tolbert unless I sold them for 50 cents on the dollar. This is the only guy in my league that thinks they have as much value as I do.

I think D-Jax is Top-12 (even in a PPR), Hightower is Top-15 or so, and Tolbert is sliding but still more valuable than D-Will at the moment. Nobody else except the guy I'm trying to trade with even comes close to my opinions, which is why I think there will be an uproar if this trade comes through.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think he wanted Santonio Holmes and not Mike Tolbert. So the trade is

I give: DeSean Jackson, Tim Hightower, Santonio Holmes

(Sorry for the bold and large text, but I can't edit the OP.)

I'll have to ask him because we went back and forth, but I think he wanted Holmes.

So considering Holmes is more valuable than Tolbert, and you guys thought that the trade was non-vetoable in the first place, that makes the trade even less vetoable, right?

If this guy accepts this trade in a 1 PPR league, is it vetoable? He was the one who basically offered it to me and he wants to sleep on it, but since I'm the commissioner and I have full veto power (barring a vote of 6 out of the remaining 9), it looks so lopsided to me that I have to accept it but I'm afraid it might start a riot that I'm trying to cheat.

I give: DeSean Jackson, Tim Hightower, Mike Tolbert

Just for the record, there was a trade made this past Sunday morning that was Dwayne Bowe, Joseph Addai, Marques Colston, and Carnell Williams for Michael Turner, Miles Austin, and Eric Decker, and a riot almost broke out that I didn't veto it. Then again, there were complaints that I didn't veto a Michael Turner for Chris Johnson trade last week too.

No, I dont think it is vetoable, You do win trade by alot, but there are quality players on both sides, thanx for mine

I would argue that your league doesn't understand your job as commish. The trade is in no way vetoable. Often trades go down that others think are unfair, but unless it is obvious collusion (You getting who you get in this trade but giving up Helu, Breaston, and McGahee for example). But no, you're in the clear man. Take the trade, let them complain. They're only mad that they didn't get the offer. I especially feel this way since they wanted you to veto Turner for CJ2K. Is that a good trade, not many people would do it, but it's not even close to collusion, where one team gets all the benefit and the other team gets pure rubbish. If you want, make that a note to the league, define collusion and make it clear that it's not your job to manage teams or evaluate talent. Your job is to prevent cheating not questionable decisions.

Hope that helps.

The first deal was fine. The second deal is fine.

Your opinion of DJax was pretty lofty, though -- especially in PPR. He did finish 12th in 2009. But he didn't sniff it in 2008 or 2010. And he's not real close this year either. What he is is a 70 catch, 1100 yard, 6 TD guy who gets a lot of attention because he make flashy plays during the prime-time games. God job turning him into Fitzgerald!

I would argue that your league doesn't understand your job as commish. The trade is in no way vetoable. Often trades go down that others think are unfair, but unless it is obvious collusion (You getting who you get in this trade but giving up Helu, Breaston, and McGahee for example). But no, you're in the clear man. Take the trade, let them complain. They're only mad that they didn't get the offer. I especially feel this way since they wanted you to veto Turner for CJ2K. Is that a good trade, not many people would do it, but it's not even close to collusion, where one team gets all the benefit and the other team gets pure rubbish. If you want, make that a note to the league, define collusion and make it clear that it's not your job to manage teams or evaluate talent. Your job is to prevent cheating not questionable decisions.

Hope that helps.

Agree with this. Veto's dont have a place here

Archived