NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tim Lincecum 2012 Season Outlook

Just as I was coming to post that I liked what I was seeing from him he gives up a double and Halladay knocks one in. FML!

Unless you see hitters swing and miss at the FB, regardless of speed, then it's going to be a disappointing year. He can still post a 3.6ish ERA and 1.3ish whip but that's not what you drafted him for.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was a great article, but to include Lincecum was stupid. I commented in the comments section (Larry Yocum). Lincecum doesn't do the inverted W and is already past the trouble years for the majo

TJ can get anyone at any time. This is true. However, I believe that if we did a study, we would find that that the overwhelming majority come early in a guys' career because of their mechanics. So

those with DVRs or no day job/school can get a good look at Lincy via ESPN2 today. last outing or 2 were of the minor league variety. i love the "Timmy crowd". people with long hair, the smell of gras

Not even touching 89, and even the Giants broadcasters are commenting. Something is up.

Extremely concerning...a velocity loss like this and the abandonment of the slider doesnt seem like a good series of events.

• Like 1

Extremely concerning...a velocity loss like this and the abandonment of the slider doesnt seem like a good series of events.

My thoughts exactly. If it was just velocity, I'd think dead arm period. Could still be that, but junking a pitch that was part of his arsenal makes me think he's hurting.

If it was mechanics dad would figure it out.......When this happen in the past dad told him what he needed to do, or what he wasn't doing correctly. This is game three and you would think it would have been corrected by now, if it was mechanics.