NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tim Lincecum 2012 Season Outlook

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was a great article, but to include Lincecum was stupid. I commented in the comments section (Larry Yocum). Lincecum doesn't do the inverted W and is already past the trouble years for the majo

TJ can get anyone at any time. This is true. However, I believe that if we did a study, we would find that that the overwhelming majority come early in a guys' career because of their mechanics. So

those with DVRs or no day job/school can get a good look at Lincy via ESPN2 today. last outing or 2 were of the minor league variety. i love the "Timmy crowd". people with long hair, the smell of gras

Is it officially panic time if he has another terrible outing or is it still way too early?

I think it's way to early. He's had bad stretches before and then he goes on a dominant stretch. He's going to throw a gem tonight mark my words.

If this was any random 2 game stretch in June or July, would people be making this big of a deal?

I think people are making a big deal about it because of the velocity drop AND him having the worst outing of his career. If he was still pumping at 92 or 93+ consistently people wouldn't be worried. But at 90 he has to become a different pitcher.

If this was any random 2 game stretch in June or July, would people be making this big of a deal?

The issue is not that Lincecum has had two bad games - the issue is that he has looked terrible and his velocity has been terrible. Moreover, he has been declining consistently since 2009. His average fastball these past two games has been 90.3 MPH - he averaged 92 last year, and was 94+ in 2008. To me that is the issue, if he was throwing well and just getting terribly unlucky, I would not be concerned.

Now, much of his bad performance has been a result of bad luck so far. Assuming he is still healthy and has merely lost velocity, I can see him being quite good going forward, even at 90 MPH. But not 2nd-round good.

Probably not, but the fact he was very sub-par in ST too has people worried. If I was a Lince owner I'd hang tight. The talent and age are in your favor. If he's hurt that will be evidenced soon.

Fantrax showing that he's throwing sliders. Abandoned his plan not to throw them, I guess.

Yep, just threw another one. The left a cutter up and Pence punched it into CF.

Throw the CB dammit.

Not able to watch this, curious to hear how he looks. Might send a lowball offer for him but I really am wary. If he gets smashed again his owners are going to be furious. Don't blame em.

Looks like he;s getting smoked early to start. Oh my god... 4 runs already.

Edited by Wombat