NBC Sports Edge Forums

Al Harrington 2012

gsw

Couldn't find a thread on him. I picked him up a few games ago and he has been very solid. He seems to be in a great groove with the 2nd unit and when he plays with the 1st unit as well. I think he will be very valuable all season.

16 points, 6 rebs, 2 ast, 1.2 3's and 1 stl per game on 46% fg are my projections.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I think of him as a super-scrub, cause he's not starting and has been known to disappear in the past, so you think it'd be crazy to start him. But he's comfortable, healthy, knows his role, and is doing it all in about 25 minutes per game. Right now he's playing at his ceiling, but I'm not complaining since I got him on waivers.

I see no reason he'll stop producing, for the reasons I listed above. I read early in the season that Karl offered him a starting spot but he turned it down because he felt very comfortable with the second unit.

I think of him as a super-scrub, cause he's not starting and has been known to disappear in the past, so you think it'd be crazy to start him. But he's comfortable, healthy, knows his role, and is doing it all in about 25 minutes per game. Right now he's playing at his ceiling, but I'm not complaining since I got him on waivers.

I see no reason he'll stop producing, for the reasons I listed above. I read early in the season that Karl offered him a starting spot but he turned it down because he felt very comfortable with the second unit.

Nene was out, but yes..

Harrington always does this vs the Knicks too. They traded him as well at some point.

I've been thrilled with Al Harrington's output as a waiver wire pickup, but I'm wondering if his production will slow down as the season progresses. I'm worried that if the Nuggets bring back Wilson Chandler that his minutes will be cut....any thoughts?

i own harrington but ive completely expected his value to decline, he doesn't get heavy minutes necessarily but looks like he has the complete green light when hes out there. if the knicks bring back chandler his minutes and touches will be in more trouble but it's hard to doubt him much unless he puts up a string of clunkers. good for him, didnt see this coming. ive been wrong about quite a few fringe pickups this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived