NBC Sports Edge Forums

Al Harrington 2012

gsw

Looks like he has been slumping lately. Given the injuries in Denver I would have thought that he would pick it up a bit. Does anyone know what's going on with him?

big al was at 50+ FG% after january. he's reall about a 43-44% shooter. he was due for a slump

if you want an analytical response: he's been asked to play more minutes and make up for Gallo's lost offense, but he's not built for that type of load

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like he has been slumping lately. Given the injuries in Denver I would have thought that he would pick it up a bit. Does anyone know what's going on with him?

I think the injuries are hurting him. They're changing his role in the team, and he isn't as comfortable as he was, when he was lighting it up practically every night.

Thanks for the responses. Apologies if this sounds like an AC question as it's not intended to be, but would it be wise holding onto him through the slump in case he picks things up again when Gallo/Nene/Mozgov return?

Thanks for the responses. Apologies if this sounds like an AC question as it's not intended to be, but would it be wise holding onto him through the slump in case he picks things up again when Gallo/Nene/Mozgov return?

big al is worth holding, as he's just in a slump. however, when chandler joins the team in March sometime he will eat into Al's production. Big Al is good, but he benefited HUGELY from the departure of JR Smith, W.Chandler, and KMart. i think his first month was his peak.

i hope it sticks.. we dont know yet. but denver has not been the same since gallo left.

Im thinkin he will be starting until gallo comes back. If he keeps doin good, he could stay in there for the rest of the year.

Harrington plays well when he's coming off the bench. I worry a little in the arrival of chandler. Too many forwards (gallo, chandler, brewer, faried) that needs minutes.

maybe if they were a developing team, but I'm pretty sure Karl and the brass want to win now. That's why Harrington will always be instant offense off the bench (he was offered to start at the beginning of the year by George but wanted to come off the bench). Faried doesn't "need" minutes per se, because he's a young project. Chandler, however, will almost surely cut into Al's production.

Gallo & Chandler are really 3s, Al a 4. I still think Al plays his 24 minutes or so (if they keep him beyond the deadline), as he plays a position most on the bench do not.

Losing my patience with this guy. His high ranking from earlier in the season was mostly due to his FG% and steals, and without those he's just a guy that gets average amount of points and rebounds. I can see him finishing the season at around 43-44% which means there's gonna be a lot of bad to average games ahead.

I'm considering dropping Al for Z Bo.... what do you all think??

Ummm, if ZBO is still on your wire I'd grab him faster than you can finish reading this sentence. All indications point to ZBO being back shortly after all-star break.

I think a big reason for the dip lately is due to the increased role he is having to play with everyone injured, as well as the brutal schedule the Nuggets have played this month so far. The fact that he is 5-15 from the free throw line the last few games tells me he has got to be pretty tired right now. He is also much more effective at this point in his career playing 20-25 minutes off the bench and not having the pressure of being the focal point of the offense. Hopefully the rest over the break will do him so good and he wont be shooting with tired legs anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

The camera wasnt on him when he got injured. It looked as if he just pulled up running back from a rebound.

He was clutching his inner quad near his knee, looked in pain and kinda hobbled off the court.

• 4 weeks later...

Al Harrington (knee) is listed as probable for Wednesday's game against the Wolves.

Harrington said has been playing with the torn meniscus for a few games now. He either aggravated that one on Monday night or sustained a new tear. Regardless, he fully plans on playing through it. There will be risk of in-game injury here going forward.

Answered my own question. Glad he's not like d rose, dwight howard, kobe bryant right now. lol

Archived