NBC Sports Edge Forums

Is Granger/Collison for Monta too much?? WHIR!!

thebestpr21

You don't even want Monta, bro. You see his production the past two games with Curry back in them? Horrible compared to before, besides his assists last night; double digits assists, but that's it. Every other stat of his has been horrible since Curry and has been back. And granted, Curry will get injured and miss games here and there all throughout the remainder of this season but if I was giving up those two, I would want someone healthy not competing with one of the best PG in the game as their teammate. I would pass on Monta all together. I was offered Monta and he wanted Jarrett Jack & Bogut from me, today, even with Bogut injured for a week or so I still wouldn't do it. He's going to be that much more inconsistent now and I would bet he has more games like the past two than he does like he was producing before Curry came back.

Good luck!

I'm going to have to go against the grain here and say that I like this trade. Granger is more perception that substance right now.He is no longer the focal point of that offense and his fg% sucks. Monta is just getting adjusted but he is showing a willingness to share and work together. Monta is a top 12 player, Granger top 25 if he's lucky. Collison is meh and you get to pick up a free agent.

I would pull the trigger. You get the best player and can rotate a quality FA in there.

I would do the trade. Collison does not do a whole lot and Granger is shooting awful although he has shown some signs of life the past two. I know ANTHONY has the GS avatar up there but I am a big GS fan myself and have seen almost every game Monta has played in his career. Sure Monta didn't score very much last night but I think he showed his maturity by not continuing to jack up shots all night. He just did what he needed to do to get the win. He wedged his first three shots and I was thinking 4 for 19. Instead he racked up 12 ast, 3 stl and a blk. Now I don't think he is going to average 25 this year but I could easily see 20-22 with 3.5 rbs, 1.4 threes, 7 ast, 2 stl, .3 blk, and 45 and 80 on the %'s. He reminds me of Iverson being so quick and he can run all night. I think this would give u a pretty stout team with CP3, Monta, Conley and Teague at the G's, and slide Pierce to F. I like it.

He needed a Center and offered Monta for Hibbert/collison....I accepted and picked up Gooden from FA...

I LOVE Hibbert but that is still a very good trade for you ;)

Archived