NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ersan Ilyasova 2011-2012 Season Outlook

phatjonny2001

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or at least not 20-20 this one was insane

Temper expectations 4 next game 2, it's vs dwight

although Ersan did do well against fairly decent against Dwight on two occasions.

He had 17 points, 16 rebounds against Orlando on February 11th...and this was at a time when Skiles was beginning to slowly trust him..

Then after that 14 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 three against Orlando yet again..on February 17th.

I'm not saying Ersan will put up 25 boards. But for a SF, this guy rocks! He puts up PF/C stats but with an added three pointer and blocks!...So rare to find a guy like this...aside from guys like Spencer Hawes, Kevin Love.....and the late Eddie Griffin when he was picking up his game (many many years ago)

Ilyasova is a talented player with a lot of upside.

That said, the window of opportunity is one monster game and then two games against tough opponents (ORL, CHI). After that Gooden comes back.

Playing for Scott Skiles is a complete crapshoot. So there's no telling what will happen. Given Skiles track record, if there's a way for him to ruin both players, that's what he'll do.

Ilyasova is a talented player with a lot of upside.

That said, the window of opportunity is one monster game and then two games against tough opponents (ORL, CHI). After that Gooden comes back.

Playing for Scott Skiles is a complete crapshoot. So there's no telling what will happen. Given Skiles track record, if there's a way for him to ruin both players, that's what he'll do.

Gooden is not the real threat to his minutes... Bogut is(was). this is not some little blip on the radar game. This kid puts up monster numbers on a per 48 basis. This game should be a wake up call to the coach as to what he is capable of.

And if you want to talk about fantasy impact... He is the league leader in O-boards among Small Forwards.

Gooden is not the real threat to his minutes... Bogut is(was). this is not some little blip on the radar game. This kid puts up monster numbers on a per 48 basis. This game should be a wake up call to the coach as to what he is capable of.

And if you want to talk about fantasy impact... He is the league leader in O-boards among Small Forwards.

I don't think there's much chance of Bogut coming back before this year's fantasy season is over.

The threat is Gooden because of his reliable scoring. Other than Brandon Jennings, there's no one on the Bucks that can score 20 points reliably besides Gooden.

Last I checked, they count your points and not your offensive rebounds at the end of the game to see who won.

I don't think there's much chance of Bogut coming back before this year's fantasy season is over.

The threat is Gooden because of his reliable scoring. Other than Brandon Jennings, there's no one on the Bucks that can score 20 points reliably besides Gooden.

Last I checked, they count your points and not your offensive rebounds at the end of the game to see who won.

This is true.. however if you, me, and others on this forum know he leads the league in O boards at his position.. I can guarantee that the coaches and his teammates know as well. Last I checked the only way to score points after you miss is to get the ball back. giving yoru team opportunity to score is just as valuable as scoring itself.

This is true.. however if you, me, and others on this forum know he leads the league in O boards at his position.. I can guarantee that the coaches and his teammates know as well. Last I checked the only way to score points after you miss is to get the ball back. giving yoru team opportunity to score is just as valuable as scoring itself.

Kidding aside ... it's going to come down to whether Illyasova can score 15 points consistently. If he can do that in the next couple of games, I'm sure even a knucklehead like Skiles will give him a long look.

What was keeping Ersan down was more Mbah Moute taking 30 minutes a game as a starter. As long as he stays in the reserve and Ersan gets his 30+ minutes, I think he'll play fine with Gooden.

Mbah Moute is a reserve player (avg 22 min per game). At no point this year has he been a 30 minute guy. He is not keeping anyone "down".

Ilyasova has been averaging 25 minutes and scoring 10 points. He's going up to 35 or so with Gooden out. Can he become a legitmate scorer? Last night he got up 23 shots, but 10 is more typical.

Kidding aside ... it's going to come down to whether Illyasova can score 15 points consistently. If he can do that in the next couple of games, I'm sure even a knucklehead like Skiles will give him a long look.

Very true... I hope he can as this kind of value is hard to come by mid season!! I think he is capable of a 13-16 pts per night line given the minutes.

Archived